Author Topic: Jeep Launches Desert Gladiator, New Luxury Trims for Gladiator and Wrangler  (Read 763 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Jeep has just announced three new trim levels of its most rugged models.
Read more...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12390
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Everyone who thought the Gladiator just wasn't expensive enough will be thrilled by this news.  :rofl2:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Everyone who thought the Gladiator just wasn't expensive enough will be thrilled by this news.  :rofl2:

LOL.  I've given up.  JEEP isn't targeting the mid-size truck market with the Gladiator.  They're targeting the luxury 'active' market, i.e. the same people who drive Mercedes Benz G-Wagons, Land Rover Defenders, etc. 
Not a single sane person would cross-shop a Gladiator with a Ranger or Tacoma or Colorado.  They're just not in the same ballpark, price-wise. 

It used to be that JEEP was a plaything for the middle-class.  The wealthy bought Land Rovers and Mercedes G-Wagon to go play, and the rest of us bought JEEP TJ's and XJ Cherokees to go play.  JEEP has clearly decided they want to go up-market with the Wrangler and the Gladiator, and are pricing their vehicles as such. 

If rich people are willing to pay, then I guess there's nothing that the rest of us can do. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:09:20 am by Great_Big_Abyss »

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Jeeps have been popular with the wealthy for a long time though. Think back to the Grand Wagoneer and even the XJ - many were bought by rich people.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Jeeps have been popular with the wealthy for a long time though. Think back to the Grand Wagoneer and even the XJ - many were bought by rich people.

They were, however they were still affordable.  My parents had a new XJ Cherokee in the nineties, and they were solidly middle class.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
I like the diet Raptor idea, but a luxo model, wow you would like a wanker and half in your faux luxury Jeep pickup truck hahahahaha
Lighten up Francis.....