Author Topic: Tires  (Read 8479 times)

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Tires
« on: February 26, 2020, 11:52:59 pm »
So it’s time to start shopping for new all season tires. The Bridgestone Ecopia that the car came with need replacement after 3 years.
I am considering the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus.
Is this a good option?
What else you guys recommend?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 11:54:31 pm »
So it’s time to start shopping for new all season tires. The Bridgestone Ecopia that the car came with need replacement after 3 years.
Is this a good option?

Awesome tire!  Have bought 2 sets.

But I'd say more of a grand touring tire.  Is that what you want?

If you want something more performance biased, yet still nice riding, try the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus.  Have those on our IS300.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:56:39 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 07:49:29 am »
I usually dont use all seasons, but if I were to put them on my Lexus I would put on General GMax AS05, Pirelli P Zero, and Michelin AS3+. Depends on how much you want to spend.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline capriracer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +19/-2
    • View Profile
    • www.barrystiretech.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 08:58:32 am »
You've got to decide what is important to you, 'cause you can't have it all.

First, you are going to lose fuel economy no matter what.  Even replacing the OE tires with the same make and model means some loss in FE.  And if you chose a good wearing tire, it's going to be even worse.

That's because worn tires have lower rolling resistance than full treaded ones (all other things being equal),  And since there is a technology triangle involving treadwear, traction (especially wet traction), and rolling resistance, replacement tires are generally worse for FE, but better for wear and grip.
CapriRacer

Visit my website:  www.barrystiretech.com

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 10:29:27 am »
Is this a good option?

If you want something more performance biased, yet still nice riding, try the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus.  Have those on our IS300.

I am looking for a quiet tire that can handle rain well. For the first time in like 20 years I now have a job that is about 7 minutes from my house (used to commute on hwy for 100Km a day. My car will only see very limited hwy driving because we always take the wife car when we go on trips so my car will now just be for my enjoyment sometimes in weekends when I wanna go for a long drive on some twisted roads.

Are the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus quiet and good handling on wet?
Because my commute is so short now I really don't care about fuel economy from a tire.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:18:10 am »
Is this a good option?

I am looking for a quiet tire that can handle rain well. For the first time in like 20 years I now have a job that is about 7 minutes from my house (used to commute on hwy for 100Km a day. My car will only see very limited hwy driving because we always take the wife car when we go on trips so my car will now just be for my enjoyment sometimes in weekends when I wanna go for a long drive on some twisted roads.

Are the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus quiet and good handling on wet?
Because my commute is so short now I really don't care about fuel economy from a tire.

We've had them on the GS-350 as summers for the last two years and they are a very good all around tire.  As Ron mentioned they are more of a GT tire and I find them ideal for our purposes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:21:10 am by KD »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 02:06:59 pm »
Costco is giving $100 Costco cash card with most tires now

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 03:26:20 pm »
So I ordered the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus.
They will go on my car on March 20.