Author Topic: GoodJuJu Hair Shampoo/Conditioner Bars  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
GoodJuJu Hair Shampoo/Conditioner Bars
« on: March 24, 2021, 02:08:59 pm »
This product caught my eye following an article in the Toronto Star about successful companies that started up during the pandemic last year.

https://hellogoodjuju.com/

These ladies are based in Vaughan, ON.  The shampoo and conditioner bars are environmentally friendly, and have a reduced carbon footprint because you're not shipping bottles filled with mostly water, like regular shampoo.  They also reduce the amount of plastic bottles going to landfill.  They were shipped to me through the mail in a small brown paper envelope, and were wrapped in individual brown paper mini-bags.

They smell great, not strong at all, and really wash hair well.  Conditioner works as it should.  I was quite surprised - I usually find these things to be a letdown.  Added bonus is that you can also use the bars as a body wash if you want.  They have different shampoos for different hair types, as well. 

I'm not an environmental maniac by any stretch, but it does feel neat to use a product that has very little impact on the environment compared to regular shampoo.  They also make laundry strips, to be used instead of liquid detergent in plastic bottles.  I haven't tried those, but maybe I will soon. 

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
Re: GoodJuJu Hair Shampoo/Conditioner Bars
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 08:35:03 pm »
interesting, I'll give them a try next time I run out of shampoo.

For Laundry I've switched to Nellie's - powered, scent-free laundry soda. Lifetime supply container at costco: https://www.costco.ca/nellie’s-bulk-laundry-soda.product.10334416.html ... goes on sale twice a year or so for $25 off.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 08:41:15 pm by pi314 »

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 08:56:46 pm »
I'll add something to this.

If you asked me a couple of years ago if I'd ever use paste deodorant...I'd say no way.

But now?  I refuse to use anything else. 

The Canadian manufacturer claims it's "life changing".  While I wouldn't go that far, both IQ and I prefer this now and even noted some positive benefits.

It's called Routine paste deodorant.  https://routinecream.com/  We order from Amazon.

My favorite is "Superstar" while IQ prefers "Sexie Sadie".

You use about a pea size blob and rub it on your pit.  It smells wonderful and is very gentle on the skin (IQ has terribly sensitive skin). Th ingredients are allegedly all natural.

Highly, highly recommended.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline joyjoy22

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Audi A4
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 12:37:58 am »
Wow, their products look so cute. This is a good way to support local businesses.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 02:52:16 pm »
thanks for sharing! wife prefers a lot of these types of shampoos and such, so i'll give them a try.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now