Author Topic: Tinting windows.  (Read 1888 times)

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Tinting windows.
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:35:22 am »
I'm thinking about getting my Forester's front windows tinted to match the rear factory ones.  It's been a long time since I got my cars' windows tinted.  How much should I expect to pay for a quality work?

I am going to look into getting my wife's Civic getting tinted all around as well.  Any advice?

I will make sure they use quality film that blocks UV ray properly and not cheap coloured cellophane sheets. Is 3M the only way to go?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Tinting windows.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:17 am »
In Cobourg , the police had a window tinting clinic, where they check the tint on your windows and your plastic covers on your license plate  ::)

I would only go with a clear  UV tint on front windows now

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:19:15 am »
I love 3M Crystalline....but you pay for it!

There must, by now, be a competing product...but I have no idea what it is.

Some interesting Crystalline test videos on YouTube.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
I'm thinking about getting my Forester's front windows tinted to match the rear factory ones.  It's been a long time since I got my cars' windows tinted.  How much should I expect to pay for a quality work?

I am going to look into getting my wife's Civic getting tinted all around as well.  Any advice?

I will make sure they use quality film that blocks UV ray properly and not cheap coloured cellophane sheets. Is 3M the only way to go?

I too need to get the fronts done on wife's MDX.  Will be going to the same guy since the beginning of tint for me (20 years).  Currently no longer using 3M products.  Will be installing "Sungard Black Peril Nano Ceramic"  an IR film by

https://madico.com/automotive/window-tint

$130. front 2 windows plus HST.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:15:08 pm »

I too need to get the fronts done on wife's MDX.  Will be going to the same guy since the beginning of tint for me (20 years).  Currently no longer using 3M products.  Will be installing "Sungard Black Peril Nano Ceramic"  an IR film by

https://madico.com/automotive/window-tint

$130. front 2 windows plus HST.

I'd be ok with that price for my Forester if the film they use is 3M-equivalent quality. You're not in the GTA, are you?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:52:11 pm »
I didn't want to create another thread for this. The guy in my basketball group swapped his blue GT2 for this thing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:37:11 am »
^ Nice!!!

Anyway, for tint in the GTA, I go to these guys:

https://audioheaven.ca/

I've had our Mazdaspeed Protégé, Mazda 5, and WRX STI done there and been happy every time.  They have a range of products and tint percentages to match you fronts to your rears.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:31 am »
^ Nice!!!

I've had our Mazdaspeed Protégé, Mazda 5, and WRX STI done there and been happy every time.  They have a range of products and tint percentages to match you fronts to your rears.

Thanks for the link for Audio Heaven.  Their price seems decent.  Which one did you go with your cars?  Solargard looks good enough from some YT reviews.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 11:56:44 am »
^ Nice!!!

Thanks for the link for Audio Heaven.  Their price seems decent.  Which one did you go with your cars?  Solargard looks good enough from some YT reviews.

I have to check the receipt but I think it was the Solarguard 23%.  They had a special going on when I had the 2 Mazdas done so it was $199+tax for each.  STi was only a little more as it was done a few years later.

Offline ggweci

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-0
  • Out driving…
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Honda Passport EX-L, 2011 Honda CRV EX
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 10:45:44 pm »
We had our Mazda3 and CRV tints both done at Audio Heaven - also very pleased with the results.

Also had remote starters installed by them, again nicely done.