Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Lamborghini Urus  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Niklasky

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring, 2015 Kia Rondo EX Luxury
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Lamborghini Urus
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 03:55:08 pm »
Although you could get the Touareg with the 444hp W12...

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 03:55:49 pm »
It's certainly an impressive vehicle, but it's a VAG parts bin special at the end of the day.  For Lambo money I'd want something a little more bespoke.
This.

Ditto.

Hard to rationalize over a top cheese Cayenne....

Any yet, maybe not so hard if you had unlimited (relatively speaking) funds and didn't want to be mistaken for lowly Cayenne 4S?  At least this thing has some pretty impressive performance chops for that massive price tag.

Won't be hard to rationalize for the handful of people in Canada in this market.  I think the looks alone of this thing set it apart from the Cayenne.  The brand name too.  When VW Touareg was available the same argument could have been made about why get the Cayenne when you can just have a Touareg, basically very similar vehicles.

Not exactly. The Touareg didn't offer anywhere near the performance of the Cayenne.

The V6 and the diesel ones were very similar, no? 

This Urus also has 100 hp more than the Cayenne Turbo.  To me it looks more like an Audi Q8 if anything. 

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 04:14:33 pm »
I'd for sure be curious to know how differently this handles from a Cayenne Turbo S, or even an E-Hybrid Turbo S, if one ever comes out.

But I don't think you can really compare a Touareg to an upper-level Cayenne - sure they're the same platform, but only the latter has the physics-defying performance features that make it stand out, e.g. PASM, 48V active swaybars, rear-steer, torque vectoring. Personally, if I had the means to afford a Cayenne, I would absolutely make sure it had all of those goodies. Read any article about a Porsche that has 'em (unless you've been lucky enough to drive one, of course ;)) and it becomes clear the up-level Cayenne is a whole other kettle of fish.

As for the Urus, i snapped a pic the other day on my way to work of what appears to be Lambo of Vancouver's current loaner car. The tricky thing with the Urus’ design is it is very colour-dependent. You need the right paintjob to really bring out the subtleties of the design, without being gaudy, and I think Lambo YVR nailed it. Happy Chinese New Year!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:22:47 pm by lebowski »