Author Topic: Looking Left? Look to Your Right, Too!  (Read 1492 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Looking Left? Look to Your Right, Too!
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:04:31 am »
Turn your head when you turn your vehicle.
Read more...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: Looking Left? Look to Your Right, Too!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:07:48 am »
Article not available but yea I got my class 6 recently and when making a right turn, you’re supposed to check left, check right, and check deep right for cyclists and pedestrians now.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:27:59 am »
So many broken links lately.  ::)

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20190211/looking-left-look-to-your-right-too/

Here’s what happens. A driver comes up to a stop sign or a red light, intending to turn right. He or she looks to the left for oncoming traffic. When it clears, the driver starts to make the right-hand turn – but doesn’t bother looking to the right as well. Exactly why is something I’ve never been able to figure out. It must be one of those tunnel-vision things where traffic is the only thing that matters.

When I'm the pedestrian I like to stand just beside the car so when they take off they think they are going to run you over. If I'm feeling frisky I'll fall down so they think they hit me.

Another thing the article didn't address is people not stopping before the stop line and rolling into the x-walk for peds. It really isn't that difficult to stop where you should.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:14:56 pm »
Another thing the article didn't address is people not stopping before the stop line and rolling into the x-walk for peds. It really isn't that difficult to stop where you should.

I've come to the conclusion that coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is too hard for a lot of people. Then these are the same people who complain that cyclists don't follow traffic rules.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 03:31:12 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is too hard for a lot of people. Then these are the same people who complain that cyclists don't follow traffic rules.

Whats wrong with a rolling stop??  ;D The vast majority of stop signs should be yields to let traffic move along more smoothly.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 04:10:14 pm »
Whats wrong with a rolling stop??  ;D The vast majority of stop signs should be yields to let traffic move along more smoothly.

They should be, but they're not. I'm just saying these guys get mad at cyclists for doing exactly what they're doing.

Speaking of which, I had two different numb nuts in the same 30 zone get mad at me for doing 30. I yelled at both of them it was a 30 zone, one apologized and backed off but the other still thought I was an idiot. Told him if he has a problem, take it up with the city, I'm not risking a ticket. FFS.