Author Topic: My new truck was oversprayed while it was at the dealer.  (Read 7671 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: My new truck was oversprayed while it was at the dealer.
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »
it is unlikely they clay barred it, it's too new to need it...they have solvents that are great for taking stuff off paint now...when i got my car detailed earlier this year, there was some stuff on it (oil spray creep, tar, brake dust, etc) that looked near impossible to get off...the shop said it would easily come off with their cleaners, which it did.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »
it is unlikely they clay barred it, it's too new to need it...they have solvents that are great for taking stuff off paint now...when i got my car detailed earlier this year, there was some stuff on it (oil spray creep, tar, brake dust, etc) that looked near impossible to get off...the shop said it would easily come off with their cleaners, which it did.

Yes, they said they have a solvent that they use to spray over the entire truck, let it sit for fifteen minutes, then spray it off. 

It's the same stuff they apparently use on new vehicles when doing the PDI.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 04:44:41 pm »

Never too new to remove bonded contaminants from your paint, whether it be via clay bar or a solvent based product like Iron X.  Every brand new car should have this done. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
glad to hear (read?) you say that... I was thinking it but hate being wrong!

glad they are getting it done... could be rustproofing I guess... they should be able to get it all sorted without too much difficulty. don't fret, but you aren't wrong for that to be your first thought!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now