Author Topic: Inappropriate desk calendar  (Read 4494 times)

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
Re: Inappropriate desk calendar
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 03:12:00 pm »
I wouldn't really be mad, but I will look at the guy funny for sure and just go like, "Maybe you should put this calendar under the desk for today..."

IMO I agree with people saying that the poor guy probably just ripped off the previous day and didn't even realize what's on there. All the days probably have shitty jokes on them, buy this one just happens to be shitty and crude at the same time.

Anyway, don't these businesses usually have their own calendars? I know a lot of real estate businesses have calendars they give away.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 03:15:40 pm »
I wouldn't really be mad, but I will look at the guy funny for sure and just go like, "Maybe you should put this calendar under the desk for today..."

IMO I agree with people saying that the poor guy probably just ripped off the previous day and didn't even realize what's on there. All the days probably have shitty jokes on them, buy this one just happens to be shitty and crude at the same time.

Anyway, don't these businesses usually have their own calendars? I know a lot of real estate businesses have calendars they give away.

The entire calendar is full of crude jokes. It's the whole point.

https://www.amazon.ca/Jokes-Mother-Boxed-Calendar-CB0252/dp/1531902529/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538507624&sr=8-1&keywords=jokes+you+can%27t+tell+your+mother

"If you think no joke is x-rated as long as it’s funny, Jokes You Can’t Tell Your Mother! Is sure to keep you laughing all year long! In its 9th year of publication, we’ve included content that is as lewd and crude as ever! This is the biggest, baddest collection of dirty jokes and politically incorrect punch lines you’ll find, and it’s sure to leave you laughing, if not a little red in the face!"

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 03:30:09 pm »

https://www.amazon.ca/Jokes-Mother-Boxed-Calendar-CB0252/dp/1531902529/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538507624&sr=8-1&keywords=jokes+you+can%27t+tell+your+mother

"If you think no joke is x-rated as long as it’s funny, Jokes You Can’t Tell Your Mother! Is sure to keep you laughing all year long! In its 9th year of publication, we’ve included content that is as lewd and crude as ever! This is the biggest, baddest collection of dirty jokes and politically incorrect punch lines you’ll find, and it’s sure to leave you laughing, if not a little red in the face!"
Well that changes everything then.

Yep, the salesman deserves a very strongly-worded conversation, to say the least.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 03:30:55 pm »

Yeah, thats not a work friendly calendar.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »
It amazes me that poor choices like this are still being made, in this day and age.   :shake:

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 08:21:18 am »

Well considering Hammy was there on a Monday, and that was the Thursday joke of the day...he seems to have forgotten for a little too long.

It amazes me that poor choices like this are still being made, in this day and age.   :shake:

Also possible since more people do not spend all their days on a forum than do that they wouldn't think twice about being offended by every thing?  There were 2 sample jokes that weren't exactly offensive or dirty.  The offensive part is they sell it for $44!!  :o 

A fine example of people just not knowing - my new neighbour is a girl from AB who married a guy from North Dakota.  So 'til she gets her papers, she's gotta live here.  Anyway, I was talking to him on the weekend, and somehow we got on the topic of good/bad internet.  They met on E-Harmony...so example of good.  I asked him if he knew what this was:

He says, "OK".

He had not even heard that Reddit has made or started the efforts into making it a White Power symbol (of course there are differing views on that too)...and if you go on Gawker, there sure is evidence of some moron from down south using it in just that manner now.  I mean they bought it hook line and sinker...so if you read too much internets...well now you know it's been facked with and when you see a white person doing that in some states, you know why they're doing it.

So yes...poor choices...but not everyone is here every day to learn about what those choices are.  Calendar guy and sheet frat boys probably don't have time to frequent them.  Or care.  I like to think I've grown and changed since coming here...I hope.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 10:48:31 am »
^ that was from 4chan not Reddit. Reddit has it's share of nut jobs, but 4chan takes it to a whole 'nother level.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 12:51:31 pm »
Yep.

Reddit's mostly okay, but I try not to spend too much time there.

As for 4chan... Let's say that people don't make autistic jokes about 4chan for no reason.