Author Topic: Tire Comparison: BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport vs. Yokohama AVID Ascend  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Going toe-to-toe with two mid-market all-season tires.
Read More...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
This gave them a mushier steering feel than the Bridgestones

I thought the test tire was BF Goodrich, not Bridgestone.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
I've never been a huge fan of the Yoko tires... Putting these against the Michelin Premier would have been more of a challenge, I'd think.  I quite like them on the Rolla

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
This gave them a mushier steering feel than the Bridgestones

I thought the test tire was BF Goodrich, not Bridgestone.

You're right. Editor fail. Sorry. Fixed.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
I've never been a huge fan of the Yoko tires... Putting these against the Michelin Premier would have been more of a challenge, I'd think.  I quite like them on the Rolla
I agree.  The Premier seem to have really good reviews and I've suggested them to a few people now.

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
I agree.  The Premier seem to have really good reviews and I've suggested them to a few people now.

I really like the Premier.....I find them to feel a little "squishy", almost like a winter tire, but they are not run-flats and my previous Continentals were.  So I think I am just not used to the regular tire anymore.