Author Topic: People, don't lock dogs in cars, even with A/C on...  (Read 1338 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
People, don't lock dogs in cars, even with A/C on...
« on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »

.. because so many things can go wrong. This is from today's reddit and this guy/gal left their dog in a Tesla, with AC on (p.s. everybody is fine)

[–]tarjan 503 points 12 hours ago

Had the cops called on me, note up. Got back two seconds before they smashed a window.

Opened the door to prove the air was cold. Cop was pissed at me for wasting his time? Yes, totally my fault. I'm glad people care, but my note was in huge letters taped to a window written in sharpie.

[–]tarjan 146 points 9 hours ago

Nope. No joke. "Where is the engine, I don't hear it running."

"It is electric"

"I still don't hear it running"

"If I open the door and you feel cool air, are we ok"

I open the door for him and he stands there with his arm outstretched. Dog is in the backseat and he is SUPER friendly but I just will him to sit still for 3.5 more seconds.

"Goddam rich people and their f-ing things. Always wasting my time, don't do this again."

This is not verbatim, took 20 minutes. While my dog is in the car and he believes the dog is roasting mind you. The rich people part was the best, I just bought it as a CPO. I was going to say "you know I got this car used, right? Saves me 200-300 a month in gas." I bit my tongue instead and life moved on.

Can the cop NOT see through the glass the dog is comfortable??  He was either going to brake in, then get attacked, then shoot the dog. Or stretch his arm in, get it look like a bloody sausage, then shoot the dog. Honestly, shouldn't there be some kind of training where they are taught not to escalate potentially dangerous situations?  >:(
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: People, don't lock dogs in cars, even with A/C on...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:30:39 pm »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: People, don't lock dogs in cars, even with A/C on...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:42:30 pm »
Don't leave a dog or child unattended in a car and the cop doesn't have to make those judgement calls. With the consequences of inaction being very severe compared to the consequences of acting, I think the cops should err on the side of action.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken