Author Topic: First Drive: 2015 Jeep Renegade  (Read 30408 times)

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
Re: First Drive: 2015 Jeep Renegade
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2016, 05:00:31 pm »
with different parts... and ben knows his jeep stuff especially the engineering aspect, so i trust him on that one...

i'm going to bring a stick 'sport' model home for my wife to check out... she wants a stick shift, she's used to the patriot and needs a decent amount of space along with fuel economy... fits the bill i suppose.

we've sold like 4 of them. that's it. as others have said, the price is definitely a tough sell when the cherokee is nearly the same price for what seems like a bigger (read: more robust, longer lasting) vehicle... also, it has the same negatives

Interesting that people would have a perception that bigger means more robust or longer lasting when there's no evidence to back that up.  I can see it in the US where they are trained from birth to think bigger is better but I would think Canadians would be wiser. 

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2016, 05:32:02 pm »

Wow!! The Mazda CX3 and HRV are the only ones that make sense in AWD.

And a small correction...the Escape S 4x4 with no freight is $27,199.00

sorry, I stand corrected, I gave the price on the SE model - its fixed  :D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:44 pm »
with different parts... and ben knows his jeep stuff especially the engineering aspect, so i trust him on that one...

i'm going to bring a stick 'sport' model home for my wife to check out... she wants a stick shift, she's used to the patriot and needs a decent amount of space along with fuel economy... fits the bill i suppose.

we've sold like 4 of them. that's it. as others have said, the price is definitely a tough sell when the cherokee is nearly the same price for what seems like a bigger (read: more robust, longer lasting) vehicle... also, it has the same negatives

Interesting that people would have a perception that bigger means more robust or longer lasting when there's no evidence to back that up.  I can see it in the US where they are trained from birth to think bigger is better but I would think Canadians would be wiser.

for sure... but since i'm in sales, i've got to give it the way i see it from the sales floor! but then again, i do see some truth from the engine standpoint... might not be factual, but from my very extensive personal experience (firsthand and just from customers), the larger engines seem to have a longer lifespan... and in this price, a v6 cherokee is a small upgrade.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
First Drive: 2015 Jeep Renegade
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2016, 11:11:25 pm »

I think it comes down to the 'bigger is better' mentality, which in some cases are absolutely true Cherokee > Renegade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk