Author Topic: Mazda unveils RX-Vision Concept, the RX-7 reborn  (Read 8717 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Mazda unveils RX-Vision Concept, the RX-7 reborn
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 09:02:46 pm »
Why do we still use manual transmissions?  They are less efficient than modern automatics and CVT's.  Mazda chooses the rotary as a heritage thing.  Is it the most at all efficient or reliable?  NO...

FFA

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »
Rotaries burn oil, thats why using conventional oil in them AND actually keeping an eye on the level is key. The rotary was not meant for your average, beige Toyata owner to own, it was a specialized car that required an actual enthusiast owner to keep it alive. I am not a fan of the rotary at all but I know a few guys, feckin weirdos if you ask me  ;D , that love the rotaries, swear by them even.  The RX-7 to me is one of the most beautiful cars that Japan ever released, hands down, mine would have an LS swap in it for ease of usage.
Yep.  But I'd have to have 2 FD3S RX-7s.  One with a twin turbo LS or LS1 stroked to a 383 with some cams (550hp crank naturally aspirated) and the other all rotary.  We have a fantastic rotary engine builder in the Edmonton area who I would heavily leverage in building one up.

If you're going to go wild, get a 3 rotor from a Cosmos.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 09:43:42 pm »
Rotaries burn oil, thats why using conventional oil in them AND actually keeping an eye on the level is key. The rotary was not meant for your average, beige Toyata owner to own, it was a specialized car that required an actual enthusiast owner to keep it alive. I am not a fan of the rotary at all but I know a few guys, feckin weirdos if you ask me  ;D , that love the rotaries, swear by them even.  The RX-7 to me is one of the most beautiful cars that Japan ever released, hands down, mine would have an LS swap in it for ease of usage.
Yep.  But I'd have to have 2 FD3S RX-7s.  One with a twin turbo LS or LS1 stroked to a 383 with some cams (550hp crank naturally aspirated) and the other all rotary.  We have a fantastic rotary engine builder in the Edmonton area who I would heavily leverage in building one up.

I've seen guys do that project.  I think they are still working on it... 8 years later.  Lol.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 09:48:49 pm »
LS slips into an RX-8 with relative ease and then you have a WICKED ride.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 10:03:34 pm »

Only seen that on youtube and on best motoring....they are amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 10:18:18 pm »

Saw one in the flesh at a car show in Chicago I think it was.

I'm starting to see factory-look 2JZ installs in IS250/350s now too...so much want!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:21:31 pm by rrocket »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »

I'm starting to see factory-look 2JZ installs in IS250/350s now too...so much want!
I still like the SC300s with the 2JZ swaps...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 12:20:04 am »

Cool.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 01:19:56 am »
^ :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken