Author Topic: 20 best selling SUVs - Canada  (Read 7211 times)

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: 20 best selling SUVs - Canada
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »
Their main function is to limit access to the profession to maintain income of their members. The rest of their roles are secondary.
If true in this particular instance, the LSUC absolutely sucks at that mandate

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »
Is there a brand that doesn't show all the consumer rebates/rates on their web site?
What brand, other than Ford, does so automatically?  I have yet to see one.

GM and FCA both do.

Edit: Mazda too.

Mazda's site is very good for up-to-date incentives, as is Ford's.  FCA is OK for build & price, but otherwise just so cumbersome.

GM's though?  I'm never sure if it is correct.  The website might say "$1500 cash credit" on a particular vehicle - but the print ad from the dealer says "$3000 off"! the exact same vehicle.  So is the dealer just offering up more discounts (like maybe a factory-to-dealer incentive that isn't shown on the website?)  I get that the primary goal of the MNFR & dealer is to get me into the dealership - hard to make a sale otherwise.  But when the pricing is all over the map, it makes me much less inclined to actually step foot in the dealership.

At least with Ford's website, I know that while the MSRP may be excessive, with the incentives clearly outlined it's easy to see what sort of ballpark the final price will be.  So if I walk into Cord's store I won't be thinking to myself "but yeah, there's still another 5K of wiggle room from the web price here".

The whole "only show payments and make it hard to see the total price" is another matter...

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
20 best selling SUVs - Canada
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »

[/quote]
Considering that I have to pay >$2,500 per year in fees, am subject to random audit, am limited by the Rules prescribed, and it has absolutely no financial benefit to me, I don't see how it is in any way similar to a union or a guild.  No potahtos here!

[/quote]

Sounds exactly like being a PEng or a doctor or a dentist. 

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »
Is there a brand that doesn't show all the consumer rebates/rates on their web site?

GM and FCA both do.

Edit: Mazda too.

Mazda's site is very good for up-to-date incentives, as is Ford's.  FCA is OK for build & price, but otherwise just so cumbersome.

GM's though?  I'm never sure if it is correct.  The website might say "$1500 cash credit" on a particular vehicle - but the print ad from the dealer says "$3000 off"! the exact same vehicle.  So is the dealer just offering up more discounts (like maybe a factory-to-dealer incentive that isn't shown on the website?)  I get that the primary goal of the MNFR & dealer is to get me into the dealership - hard to make a sale otherwise.  But when the pricing is all over the map, it makes me much less inclined to actually step foot in the dealership.

At least with Ford's website, I know that while the MSRP may be excessive, with the incentives clearly outlined it's easy to see what sort of ballpark the final price will be.  So if I walk into Cord's store I won't be thinking to myself "but yeah, there's still another 5K of wiggle room from the web price here".

The whole "only show payments and make it hard to see the total price" is another matter...

Whether the rebate/delivery allowance/cash credit is $0 or $10,000, there is always going to be the dealer's spread between Invoice and MSRP.

For example if Invoice is $20,000 and MSRP is $22,000, if there is a rebate of $5000 then the manufacturer's web site will indicate a selling price of $17,000. If you come in and buy the car for that $17,000, the dealer will still make the $2000 markup.

However, an individual dealership may decide to forego some of that markup and advertise the same car for $16000. In that case, they will make only $1000.

And another really desperate dealership may advertise the same car at $15,000 and are happy just to move the car and make nothing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:48:44 pm by Cord »
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »

LOL are you serious? I think it would easier to identify the brands that DON'T do it.

And they never show ALL the consumer rebates, e.g. in the Ford's website you can't throw in the $1000 Costco rebate.