Author Topic: Mitsubishi Mirage to skip 2016; updated version to come for 2017  (Read 8081 times)

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
Re: Mitsubishi Mirage to skip 2016; updated version to come for 2017
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 09:20:40 am »
I find that cheap cars always do well in automobile centric area like the US and Alberta. Completely anecdotal but my impression is that Albertans buy half of the Canadian Mirages. I've seen more Mirages with Alberta plates than BC plates -- in BC.

The Americans have gobbled up Hyundais and Kias by the boatload 10-15 years ago when they were cheap.

I feel like the Mirage does well in Quebec, too. They like inexpensive cars there.
I used to work here.

Offline philmcneal

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-12
  • Hypermiler Enthusiast & E-Store Owner
    • View Profile
    • Do you believe that a bidet can increase your quality of life?
  • Cars: 2004 Toyota Prius, Town and Country Minivan, Chrysler 200,
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 04:51:48 pm »
well isn't the mirca or a mirage a great used car buy? or used Honda fits/civics/corolla ect is still the better option?
The best car is one that is cheap to operate. If you are curious about bidets please visit my web site on how they can improve your quality of life!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »
well isn't the mirca or a mirage a great used car buy? or used Honda fits/civics/corolla ect is still the better option?

Micra, yes.  Corolla, Civic, etc, yes.  Mirage?  No.  You won't want one new or used.  Well, for SUPER cheap, maybe.

Corolla and Civic are expensive used cars, but they also retain their value well as you use them and they tend to have very low operating costs.

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota RAV4
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »
I find that cheap cars always do well in automobile centric area like the US and Alberta. Completely anecdotal but my impression is that Albertans buy half of the Canadian Mirages. I've seen more Mirages with Alberta plates than BC plates -- in BC.

The Americans have gobbled up Hyundais and Kias by the boatload 10-15 years ago when they were cheap.

What plates are the Albertan Mirages on? If they are a letter, followed by a dash and some numbers, then its a rental car.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 01:05:10 am »

I feel like the Mirage does well in Quebec, too. They like inexpensive cars there.
as i showed in the original Mirage thread, in most cases, it wasn't any cheaper...the ONLY way the Mirage was cheaper, was if you paid $10k cash for the stripper model (which was likely hard to find)...considering most people would not get the absolute stripper base trim, and most people would finance the car, the Mirage came out more expensive than most of its peers...search for the original thread, i posted all the different pricing and payment details for many different cars.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 08:07:18 am »

No, we hardly see any around Montreal. Micra vs Mirage sightings : 30 to 1. Subcompacts just aren't doing all that well, with the competitive pricing of compacts. Price a Sentra S at par with a Micra or Note, and people leave in the Sentra. That doesn't work at Mitsu stores...people just don't go there, unless SUV.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist