Author Topic: Gran Turismo Vision SRT Tomahawk revealed  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Gran Turismo Vision SRT Tomahawk revealed
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:31:28 pm »

The SRT Tomahawk - the latest Vision GT concept gives us a 2,590-hp taste of the future
Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Gran Turismo Vision SRT Tomahawk revealed
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:54:13 am »
F1 like design with wheels. Nice job by the folks at Fiat Chrysler.

It looks like they didn't hold back encompassing heads of design as well as engineering all for a virtual car.

Almost looks like a driver-less cockpit or in this case, one driven by the predator.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:12:07 pm »
Wait, so what the :censor: is the point of publishing power figures for a 'real' virtual car?  I'm confused...is this thing ever going to be built in the metal, or it's purely 'virtual'? 

While we did receive an invite to drive a preview of the Tomahawk this morning, unfortunately, we were unable to attend in person to drive it for ourselves.
Are we talking about 'driving' via the video game?  Or drive it as in sit in an actually produced vehicle around a track in a G-suit?!

???

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »
cool how real they can make these... so that real world physics apply... quite cool.

almost prefer the car stays in this stage... though awesome, fca has no business making something like this... like the chrysler me-4/12 or whatever.. though amazing, poor use of funds.

i'll have to play the game and see how fast i can get it!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now