Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid  (Read 9736 times)

Offline X-Traction

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-96
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 03:42:23 pm »

I think the pricing is pretty good on the hybrid, I would likely prefer this model if I went Camry. WTF is happening to me?

The NDP are already replacing your sour gas emissions with laughing gas and soon you will be cashing in your gas guzzlers for an electric bike and all-weather spandex.  Also, expect elevated estrogen levels.

Cheers,
John M.

And less carbon monoxide polluting the brain, which will allow clearer thinking.
And some cretins think I hate cars.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 06:36:42 pm »
Strangely, the gas XLE is 33k$, so it's only a 1800$ upgrade to XLE Hybrid. No wonder most XLE's I see have the Hybrid badge!

This is not quite accurate.  Lets stick with apples to apples comparisons.  The XLE V6 and the XLE Hybrid are exactly the same price.  The XLE 4 banger is less equipped and is not nearly as quick as the V6 or Hybrid.

Specs are identical, except for the JBL stereo with nav that is std on XLE V6 & XLE Hybrid but not available on XLE 2.5.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 06:41:19 pm »
A favourable review. A little surprised that the only comparisons were made to the Prius and not the competitors listed. I feel as though the conclusion is that the Camry Hybrid is superior to the Prius. But how does it stack up to the competitors listed, especially the Accord Hybrid?

I think the pricing is pretty good on the hybrid, I would likely prefer this model if I went Camry. WTF is happening to me?

I had the same remark. There's 1k$ off right now, plus this being pitched to fleets there's probably some wiggle room left in the pricing. This thing, loaded with the JBL, and with excellent fuel numbers would make a sweet commuter. I already test-drove the Accord Touring Hybrid - a Camry will be among the next batch to try. I need more wine.