Author Topic: Ford Reveals Ridiculous All-New AWD Focus RS, 315+ HP - Hide Yo' Kids  (Read 30392 times)

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Reveals Ridiculous All-New AWD Focus RS, 315+ HP - Hide Yo' Kids
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2015, 11:29:30 am »
I am a little disappointed Brembo brakes are used only for the front. Might as well do it on all 4 corners considering the car's overall technology and targeted customers.

Why, the back ones won't be taxed that hard..  If they made decisions like that everyone would be moaning about the price.
Because of the look is what most people will argue.  Personally, I don't care about the look.  I do have a 4 wheel BBK on my 300ZX but only because the back ones would have worn out a lot faster than the front given my track use.

The look is one reason (because it does look stupid) but it was not my main concern. Putting Brembo brakes in front only makes me wonder if this is a marketing stunt to be able to do use the brand name in the publicity while the braking system design is half-baked. Brembo does design braking systems for car companies but I doubt they would put their name on a design that is only for the front wheels. If I buy a car with Brembo brakes I will expect that it is better than just slapping "off-the shelves" part together like an aftermarket kit...
Here's something for you: the Brembo brake package on the 350Z and G35 barely performed better than the standard brakes.  I can pretty much guarantee that other aftermarket kits out do those Brembos.  I know for a fact that the Stoptech 13" kit for that platform greatly improves the braking over stock or Brembos.  AP Racing or Wilwood are very good as well.  My personal preference is with AP Racing.  Way better pedal feel and way better for preventing pad knock back.  It's pretty scary experience having pad knock back when coming up fast on a turn...

Interesting and disappointing... You would think Brembo brakes would be a considerable upgrade on cars like the Z and the STI (as mentioned by Cadure). I was watching a car review a few days a ago during which the journalist kept stating the car was equipped with Brembo brakes but never mentioning it was front only. So technically the car might have only Brembo front calipers with every else stock, who knows? That would explain the poor braking performance of some of these cars.