Author Topic: 2016 Honda Pilot Makes its Canadian Debut  (Read 14742 times)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: 2016 Honda Pilot Makes its Canadian Debut
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 06:20:30 pm »
The Pilot and CRV have never used the same AWD system.  The Pilot's was the VTM-4 system, superior to the CRVs.  VTM-4 would apply power to rear wheels under acceleration, even before wheel slip was detected.  And as Fobroader mentions, it had a lock button, which kept rear wheels engaged under 40km/h.

This.  Can anyone confirm if Honda has gone away from VTM-4 to a lesser system on the new Pilot?

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:11 pm »
The Pilot and CRV have never used the same AWD system. 

Sure, but the Pilot never looked like the CRV either! Yup, I'm still on the redesign of the new Pilot/old CRV.  :rofl2:

Offline Spec5

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-30
  • Give me 3 pedals or no pedals!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1987 Pontiac Firebird, 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 1992 Ford Taurus SHO, 1989 Pontiac Bonneville, 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2007 Hyundai Tucson, 2012 Honda Odyssey EX, 2016 Honda CRV SE
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »
This vehicle was so long overdue I didn't care what the new one looked like but I must say it looks very nice. Another year and a half and we'll be in the market so hopefully enough time for lease rates to drop :) .

I know the author mentioned the second row slides forward for easier access to the third row but our issue was always the child seat that's anchored to said second row set. Any news on whether or not you will be able to move that second row forward with a child seat still strapped in? (like the new Pathfinder) That was the reason we ended up going minivan last time around.
My other Honda is an MP4-31!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2015, 08:26:48 pm »
This vehicle was so long overdue I didn't care what the new one looked like but I must say it looks very nice. Another year and a half and we'll be in the market so hopefully enough time for lease rates to drop :) .

I know the author mentioned the second row slides forward for easier access to the third row but our issue was always the child seat that's anchored to said second row set. Any news on whether or not you will be able to move that second row forward with a child seat still strapped in? (like the new Pathfinder) That was the reason we ended up going minivan last time around.

This is all I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46oqw36EUk

Is the van a lease?

Offline Spec5

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-30
  • Give me 3 pedals or no pedals!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1987 Pontiac Firebird, 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 1992 Ford Taurus SHO, 1989 Pontiac Bonneville, 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2007 Hyundai Tucson, 2012 Honda Odyssey EX, 2016 Honda CRV SE
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »

This is all I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46oqw36EUk

Is the van a lease?

Oh nice that's perfect! Yes it "was" a lease. We ended up trading in early and picking up a second Civic instead but the lease on the first Civic is up in 2 years but "my guy" has advised he could probably get us out of it and into something larger a year early without penalty.

Thanks for the video - looks like you couldn't do that with a child seat in there though. Would have to go in behind the driver I guess. Might work for boosters though.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 10:43:59 am »
^ The Pathfinder system seems to work better.  Guess we will have to wait and see.  Thought you still had the Odyssey, as it is listed in your profile...