Author Topic: Test Drive: 2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4  (Read 10852 times)

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
Re: Test Drive: 2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 03:16:31 pm »

I'm not just making an assumption, I'm making a judgement. Weighed, measured, and found wanting. All red is goes beyond attention grabbing and into tasteless and tacky.

This of course begs the question: If an all-red interior is bad, where, then, would this interior be on your tasteful/tasteless continuum?   ;)

http://bit.ly/1wXJbpm

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »
I looked at a 996 with full leather interior in red. Car was silver. It looked incredible and I would have bought it if we could have agreed on price.

I guess I have terrible taste.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »
Porsche does offer a red/black interior where the upper dash, upper door trim, A pillars, and steering wheel are black.

i find the "all red" a little too much, however the link OliverD posted above with a blend of red and black, IMO, looks good...i don't mind some colour in the cabin, but not a fan of too much...rrocket's 911 looks good too...it has a nice even blend of black and red, as does that other Porsche shown (not sure what model it was, speedtster?).

All red would be akin to wearing a red tie and a red shirt and red slacks and red blazer and red shoes and red socks and a red handkerchief. It is not just dumb, it's dumb and dumber.

I don't doubt it's done, and I don't doubt the person driving the car is doing so wearing a lot of gold chains and very expensive sneakers. And not ironically.

I love how people on this forum love to make assumptions about the drivers of vehicles that they don't like.

I'm not just making an assumption, I'm making a judgement. Weighed, measured, and found wanting. All red is goes beyond attention grabbing and into tasteless and tacky. It also leaves the interior with almost no defining lines as everything is washed in red. Red/Black is just right, Red/Red is not right in any way.

Also, I do like this vehicle, the Targa is how I'd 911.

I wasn't saying you didn't like the Targa, I was saying you were making a judgement about the interior color simply because you don't like it.

I'm not sure how an interior is "attention grabbing" since unless you're right beside the car you won't see that the interior is all red. And didn't you just say you wanted a yellow Hellcat in another thread? Talk about attention grabbing!

Is it not possible to just not like something instead of making judgements about those people that do like it?

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Test Drive: 2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 08:10:24 pm »
I looked at a 996 with full leather interior in red. Car was silver. It looked incredible and I would have bought it if we could have agreed on price.

I guess I have terrible taste.

Yes, yes you do.  ;)