Author Topic: Hyundai Considering 3-Series Sized Luxury Sedan, B-Segment CUV  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Hyundai Considering 3-Series Sized Luxury Sedan, B-Segment CUV
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:02 am »

Korean automaker cautious as model range expansion could cannibalize sales

Read More...

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
Re: Hyundai Considering 3-Series Sized Luxury Sedan, B-Segment CUV
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:58 pm »
Hopefully they will give me what I've been asking for. Take the existing Coupe RWD platform and turn it into a 3 series sized 4dr Sedan with  option of 4cyl Turbo, V6 and manual 6 speed.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1201
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »
Hopefully they will give me what I've been asking for. Take the existing Coupe RWD platform and turn it into a 3 series sized 4dr Sedan with  option of 4cyl Turbo, V6 and manual 6 speed.
:iagree:

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:48 pm »
:iagree:

I'd like to see the 6MT with the 420hp V8 in RWD :o
Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Northernridge

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:46:22 pm »
I like the smaller sedan idea, lots of marketshare to go around, get on it Hyundai. Try a wagon version too.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »
Especially as far as demographics go, to offer a cheaper 3-series that's still a hoot to drive (and has bum warmers as standard kit)?  It'd definitely be something to consider, especially now that Audi has the A3/S3, MB the CLA, and Subaru the WRX...wait, what?   :rofl2:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:33 pm »
Speaking to Dave Zuchowski, CEO of Hyundai Motor America, AN confirmed there may be room for another premium car.

“That’s one of the conversations,” Zuchowski told AN. “I think it’s fair to say that within a couple of years there may be another premium” nameplate. That’s a space where we think there’s some opportunity.”

The key word here is Premium. So is there a chance Genesis will become a stand-alone brand, a Korean "Lexus" if you will?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »
Speaking to Dave Zuchowski, CEO of Hyundai Motor America, AN confirmed there may be room for another premium car.

“That’s one of the conversations,” Zuchowski told AN. “I think it’s fair to say that within a couple of years there may be another premium” nameplate. That’s a space where we think there’s some opportunity.”

The key word here is Premium. So is there a chance Genesis will become a stand-alone brand, a Korean "Lexus" if you will?

Thats what Im getting from that....hopefully they will. Like Ive been saying, very tough to sell a $60K Genesis when its right beside a $12K Accent.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 03:51:36 pm »
i agree... that would make sense.

down in florida, my parents kept asking about these cars.. they had no idea what brand they were, but they thought they looked nice... equus and genesis. so they already have done a good job of keeping the higher end cars separate by appearance and badging... now they just have to set up a better buying process and they should have a nice little market.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now