Author Topic: Mazda 6, Jeep Cherokee Named Canadian Car, Utility Of The Year By AJAC  (Read 14496 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: Re: Mazda 6, Jeep Cherokee Named Canadian Car, Utility Of The Year By AJAC
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 05:05:19 pm »
Yep.  And in Utah and Texas some Interstates are 85 mph (136 km/h).  And they are considering raising those to 90 mph (144 km/h).

Lots of nothing around so might as well drive fast. Nebraska needs to also consider this.

My 6-wgn would turn over 3,000rpm at 150kph with the 6 speed auto. It made for a great hwy cruiser.

Hey Quad,

I had a Mazda6 Sport, sold at 108km.  Never had any problems with it, battery went early...on the 3rd winter.  And back brakes needed to be done at 70,000km which is kinda weird.  But how was yours?

Any problems?

I ask, as I may consider getting a certain wagon .....

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Re: Mazda 6, Jeep Cherokee Named Canadian Car, Utility Of The Year By AJAC
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:06 pm »
Yep.  And in Utah and Texas some Interstates are 85 mph (136 km/h).  And they are considering raising those to 90 mph (144 km/h).

Lots of nothing around so might as well drive fast. Nebraska needs to also consider this.

My 6-wgn would turn over 3,000rpm at 150kph with the 6 speed auto. It made for a great hwy cruiser.

Hey Quad,

I had a Mazda6 Sport, sold at 108km.  Never had any problems with it, battery went early...on the 3rd winter.  And back brakes needed to be done at 70,000km which is kinda weird.  But how was yours?

Any problems?

I ask, as I may consider getting a certain wagon .....

Loved the wagon. Drove it for 4 years and 120,000kms with only one warranty claim which was for the shifter (wouldn't do + on the manu-matic). Brakes were just getting near replacement but we do a lot of highway driving. Had the Mazda roof rails installed so we could use our roof box. 

City fuel usage was high (especially the way I drive) around 10-11's but highway was good enough for us. Best ever was mid 6's (only once) while crossing Utah but normal was 7-9's depending on conditions/speed.

We did it on a lease and its purpose was so that we could sleep in the back on long trips and late trail head arrivals.  I think we might have kept it if A) I wasn't a car nut B) the buy out was at market but it was easily 2-3K higher so we bought the GTI instead.

EDIT: PM Careener as I think he still has one.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:50:55 pm by quadzilla »

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda 6, Jeep Cherokee Named Canadian Car, Utility Of The Year By AJAC
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:53 pm »
Yeah I had similar city fuel economy in the mid 10's, I blame that on the old Ford duratec V6.  But it had decent power.  Ever hear of any automatic transmission problems?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 08:16:25 pm »
Yeah I had similar city fuel economy in the mid 10's, I blame that on the old Ford duratec V6.  But it had decent power.  Ever hear of any automatic transmission problems?

Once I returned the car I stopped following it.  I'm sure the could be lots of info on a Mazda specific board if there were any problems.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 08:31:11 pm »

Once I returned the car I stopped following it.  I'm sure the could be lots of info on a Mazda specific board if there were any problems.

Thanks, I just was checking with people on this particular forum...  Sometimes when you go to a vehicle specific forum, your just going to hear about the problems they had.  Never going to hear from the people that had no problems.... Which is true for everything, not just cars....