Author Topic: 2015 Lincoln Navigator Receives Quiet Online Debut Before Chicago  (Read 7282 times)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: 2015 Lincoln Navigator Receives Quiet Online Debut Before Chicago
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
The dashboard still looks like it's straight from the 80s.

You stole my thunder. Very good, serious looking exterior (sans 22" rims) but the centre stack is so cheap it would be my deal killer, well, besides having to move soooo much air every time  :P

Yup... the exterior looks sharp, but it's ruined by a carryover of the interior left virtually unchanged and probably a real reason why Navigators don't sell as much as Escalades.

I mean you have that big Mercedes Benz SUV that also looks straight out of the 80s, but the difference is the Germans built nice cars in the 80s. The Navigator's dashboard is somewhat a cross between an 80s Bronco and Mustang, and let's face it, the 80s were a forgettable era for Ford.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 06:41:45 pm »
Wow pretty good shape for a 79

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »
Huh....the new Escalade is absolutely awesome......and this is the best Ford could do.....quietly take the Navigator behind the woodshed and put two bullets in the back of its head. This thing is done, kaput, finito...why even bother??

One advantage the Lincoln has over the Escalade is the very clever disappearing third row seat.  I always chuckle when I picture a rap star struggling to remove the 3rd row in his Caddy because he has too many bodies to dump.

This is no longer an issue as the full size GM SUVs have seats that fold into the floor.

Are you sure?  Thought I read they still didn't have them.  I'll have double check when I get a chance.

No for sure, I didnt like that in the previous version either, they are now flat folding.

You lose some cargo capacity but it'll still hold about the same number of oil barrels as you'd burn in a year.

Offline agroal

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:36 am »
Ford only gives it a mild refresh and then touts it as new? It's still the same ugly, ungainly looking, huge box on top of small wheels, Wagon Queen Family Truckster. I say Ford because there IS no Lincoln. If recently retired J Mays is in anyway responsible for the horrible looking "Winged Grille" face of Lincoln, take his pension back. 

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »
Ford only gives it a mild refresh and then touts it as new? It's still the same ugly, ungainly looking, huge box on top of small wheels, Wagon Queen Family Truckster. I say Ford because there IS no Lincoln. If recently retired J Mays is in anyway responsible for the horrible looking "Winged Grille" face of Lincoln, take his pension back.

Small wheels?  It come with 22 inch rims. My Expedition has 17 inch and they're fine.  How bling do you need?