Author Topic: Chevrolet Europe To Downsize Lineup, Focus On Opel/Vauxhall And Expand Cadillac  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Opel and Vauxhall brands to focus on volume market

Read More...

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
It seems that selling Daewoo cars in Europe is indeed a rather difficult task. Never been successful.
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
The 'bowtie" should never have be brought into Europe to begin with since GM had acquired the Opel/Vauxhall brands. Brands that were well known and marketed in Europe.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
The 'bowtie" should never have be brought into Europe to begin with since GM had acquired the Opel/Vauxhall brands. Brands that were well known and marketed in Europe.

When GM purchased Daewoo, they needed to figure out what to do with the dealer network in Europe. This was their solution. At the time, it made sense, as shortly after they were looking to sell off Opel and Vauxhall. But, after the sale decision was reversed, they were stuck with two, separate dealer networks selling overlapping cars.