Author Topic: Mazda To Campaign Diesel Engined Prototype In TUDOR USCC Series  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Mazda To Campaign Diesel Engined Prototype In TUDOR USCC Series
« on: November 14, 2013, 10:18:08 am »

Mazda 6 diesel racing engine migrates to Lola chassis for 2014

Read More...

Offline Spec5

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +8/-30
  • Give me 3 pedals or no pedals!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1987 Pontiac Firebird, 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 1992 Ford Taurus SHO, 1989 Pontiac Bonneville, 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2007 Hyundai Tucson, 2012 Honda Odyssey EX, 2016 Honda CRV SE
Re: Mazda To Campaign Diesel Engined Prototype In TUDOR USCC Series
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:25:17 pm »
I've watched 3 full races with the GX cars and I don't think either Mazda made it through the race without some type of engine issue(s). Hope they've gotten it all sorted out because the competition sure isn't going to be any easier in the prototype class. At least in GX they had control over the chassis.

Really looking forward to this amalgamation - can't wait for the series to get under way! Nice to see some press about it.
My other Honda is an MP4-31!

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:57:20 pm »
On another note"Sylvain Tremblay " now that's a good race car driver name !!
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Mazda To Campaign Diesel Engined Prototype In TUDOR USCC Series
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:36:56 am »
I've watched 3 full races with the GX cars and I don't think either Mazda made it through the race without some type of engine issue(s). Hope they've gotten it all sorted out because the competition sure isn't going to be any easier in the prototype class. At least in GX they had control over the chassis.

Really looking forward to this amalgamation - can't wait for the series to get under way! Nice to see some press about it.

They ended up winning 9 out of 12 races.  You watched the wrong 3 races.  This was right in the article.  ::)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Mazda To Campaign Diesel Engined Prototype In TUDOR USCC Series
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:37:43 am »

They ended up winning 9 out of 12 races.  You watched the wrong 3 races.  This was right in the article.  ::)

At the race I was at, they were the only car in their class....::)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)

Lol, that's a guaranteed way to win.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile

Lol, that's a guaranteed way to win.

Fully embracing their  clean Sky technology, all Mazdas ran stock exhausts.

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »
Got my "zoom zoom" magazine and they have an article on the mazda6 car used for the races.

Diesel engine
HP: 400
Torque: 450
And lastly
RWD!!!

So maybe they can produce a sedan with RWD.
Call it a Mazda9 and call it a day.

(ill have to check those hp/torque numbers when I get home)