Author Topic: Best Vehicle Statistic Website?  (Read 4584 times)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
Re: Best Vehicle Statistic Website?
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:08 pm »
that's a good one!

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 08:44:51 am »
I find the most detailed is kbb. Just enter some US zip code. After entering cars, note the multiple tabs, especially specifications.

http://www.kbb.com/car-research/

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 02:09:03 pm »
Well the current GM small trucks have a 6 foot box in the regular and access cab, you get the 5 foot box in the Crew Cab.  Its nice that in the Tacoma you can choose 5ft box or 6 ft box with the Crew Cab, we will see what GM does. 

ya, one of the main reasons I want the 6ft box is we'll be able to load the bikes inside without needing the remove the front wheel (if we want)  Although my friend still went with fork mounts. 

wife feel the truck give the bonus of not having stinky bike shoes inside the vehicle.   :rofl:

make sure you actually drive a crew with a 6 foot box... i drove one of our rams the other day and man are they long... i'd be taking the smaller box myself (ram is 5'7", think the gm bros are longer) and hanging my bikes over the tailgate
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »
^^^

looking at the dimensions of our old RAV vs the Taco, it's an extra 39.40 inches.
which is 3.28 feet.   I do need to test drive it first. 
The Ridgeline is only 14.4 inches shorter than the Taco and I have no issues with that size.

while hanging the bikes over the tailgail isn't a bad idea when driving to and from the trailhead,
it's not the greatest idea on big trips or even sometimes we'll hit up a restaurant on the way home.
I have to have a way to lock them up in and to the truck. 

With the wife having the smaller car, the truck would be only used when we go biking, trips and my drive to work (when i can't ride).