Author Topic: Legendary Motorcar show  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Legendary Motorcar show
« on: September 22, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »
 Just watched an episode of Legendary Motorcar on BNN. Peter Klutt buys a 37 Packard for 100 grand that hasn't run in years. Ends up flipping it 115 grand.http://www.bnn.ca/shows/legendary-motorcar.aspx
Reminds me of one of Arthur's finds except on a larger scale. ;D
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Legendary Motorcar show
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:37:03 pm »
Just watched an episode of Legendary Motorcar on BNN. Peter Klutt buys a 37 Packard for 100 grand that hasn't run in years. Ends up flipping it 115 grand.http://www.bnn.ca/shows/legendary-motorcar.aspx

I would like to see what Arthur would do with Peter's budget.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:32 am »
That reminds me, a few years ago we were at a garage sale by our cottage, bought a nice antique dresser but that's beside the point. 

I was admiring their '60s vintage pickup in the driveway and got talking cars a bit.  The lady said "Oh, I bet you'd like what's in our portable garage", which one of those canvas types, but a good one.
So yeah, "what's in the garage?"
We go in and there is a complete and driveable 1936 Swallow Sidecar coupe, unrestored.  She said her grandfather had owned it and she inherited it. (she was in her 60's, nice lady, artist)
I told her if she ever wanted to get sell it I could put her in touch with some people (thinking LMC as they email me occasionally asking if I have anything they'd like, no idea why) and that I didn't know what it was worth, but that it might be 6 figures.

Last time I was by the garage was gone, I wonder if they sold it?  If so I wonder if it ended up at LMC?
Mr Pickypants

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

I would like to see what Arthur would do with Peter's budget.

So would I!