Author Topic: Chevrolet Resurrects Cheyenne Nameplate For Sport Truck Concept  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Chevrolet Resurrects Cheyenne Nameplate For Sport Truck Concept
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:07 am »

6.2L V8 powered pickup will debut at SEMA on November 4

Read More...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Chevrolet Resurrects Cheyenne Nameplate For Sport Truck Concept
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:39:12 am »
Sport + Truck don't go together.

Oh well, there will be plenty of Albertans who will desire one of these.  After all, most of the pickups I've seen in this province aren't really used for their intended purpose, but more of a daily driver.  Of course, there are also plenty of trucks used for oilfield and farm work, but I'm sure most of the private ones don't really see duty for hauling.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:27 am »

Oh well, there will be plenty of Albertans who will desire one of these.  After all, most of the pickups I've seen in this province aren't really used for their intended purpose, but more of a daily driver.  Of course, there are also plenty of trucks used for oilfield and farm work, but I'm sure most of the private ones don't really see duty for hauling.

As much as I don't like the idea of Affliction-stickered sport trucks and their sidewards hat wearing drivers, I could go for one of these for personal use. I don't really have a massive need for an extended cab and I have motorcycles to tote around.

But, I am waiting until the new midsizers arrive before making any decisions.

Northernridge

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:25:20 am »
Pass.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:18:14 pm »

Pffftt...Albertans only go with lifted trucks with hitch nuts and 8 inch stacks. GM won't build this anyway, they seem to leave the sport truck market for Ram and Ford. This is just a big tease, I could imagine this thing really moves.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »
Truck is to sport what intelligence is to military.  And yet I am not dissuaded by the oxymoronic sport truck.  I like it.

you mean "sport" is an essential part of being a truck?  ;D :rofl2:

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 02:29:08 am »
Oooohhhhh, I like it......if I lived somewhere with no or a pretend winter, this would be perfect to haul the boat to the beach or the race car around.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 07:59:09 am »

Oh well, there will be plenty of Albertans who will desire one of these.  After all, most of the pickups I've seen in this province aren't really used for their intended purpose, but more of a daily driver.  Of course, there are also plenty ;) :stick: of trucks used for oilfield and farm work, but I'm sure most of the private ones don't really see duty for hauling.

As much as I don't like the idea of Affliction-stickered sport trucks and their sidewards hat wearing drivers, I could go for one of these for personal use. I don't really have a massive need for an extended cab and I have motorcycles to tote around.

But it is OK for your reviewers to wear a backwards ball cap  ??? :stick:

I do not understand the hate for a sport truck , but it ok a small sport car like a s2000, both only carry 2 people
Drive what you like
As for the name Cheyenne reminds of a basic cheap work truck

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:39 am »

Oh well, there will be plenty of Albertans who will desire one of these.  After all, most of the pickups I've seen in this province aren't really used for their intended purpose, but more of a daily driver.  Of course, there are also plenty ;) :stick: of trucks used for oilfield and farm work, but I'm sure most of the private ones don't really see duty for hauling.

But it is OK for your reviewers to wear a backwards ball cap  ??? :stick:

I do not understand the hate for a sport truck , but it ok a small sport car like a s2000, both only carry 2 people
Drive what you like
As for the name Cheyenne reminds of a basic cheap work truck

Cheyenne part I dont get either, that has always traditionally been their lowest trim line, besides W/T. This thing isnt made to conquer M3s at Laguna Seca, its made for people that want a good looking truck to do a little work here and there.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 11:39:54 am »
Good old SS nameplate would suffice - and send the right messge ???

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 11:42:32 am »
Good old SS nameplate would suffice - and send the right messge ???

Ding ding....SS would be cool, with no displacement this as the 370 whatever cubic inches doesnt sound as threatening as the old 454  ;D

Offline stargazer68

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »

Read More...

Isn't it curious that, at a time when sport teams are under pressure to drop team nicknames with aboriginal refernces, auto makers still use the same monikers?  Don't the protesters see the cars and trucks, too?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 07:35:31 pm »

Read More...

Isn't it curious that, at a time when sport teams are under pressure to drop team nicknames with aboriginal refernces, auto makers still use the same monikers?  Don't the protesters see the cars and trucks, too?

How is Cheyenne derogatory or racist??