Author Topic: Kia Adds 201 hp to the All-New Forte 5-Door  (Read 9731 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Kia Adds 201 hp to the All-New Forte 5-Door
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »
I mean real racing like F1, Le mans, IndyCar, and others. Ground up R&D that does not involve taking a consumer car and adding a few mods with stickers.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »
I mean real racing like F1, Le mans, IndyCar, and others. Ground up R&D that does not involving taking a consumer car and adding a few mods with stickers.

I much prefer touring and rally cars to F1, Indy....blah blah blah. Cool to see normal cars going around a track, especially the factory stock guys!!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »
Nice by specs and features. Potential if they can work out the steering feel and driving experience.

The car is one aspect with making the move to the Hyundai group, but I haven't heard many things in favour of the after sale dealer experience. This is now a consideration of mine beyond the the vehicle after a bad Ford dealer experience (WhiteOak Miss.). Any positives from owners would be welcome as I've heard the other side.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:16:48 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »
Nice car is specs a winner if they can work out the steering feel and driving experience.

The car is one aspect with making the move to the Hyundai group, but I haven't heard many things in favour of the after sale dealer experience. This is now a consideration of mine beyond the the vehicle. Any positives from owners would be welcome as I've heard the other side.

The KIA dealership in Fredericton NB is fantastic. They have a nice, newly renovated building, and a really nice showroom with nice couches etc and Kurig machine with many flavours to choose from. The service technicians seem do do exactly what they do and the guy writing the service down knows you by name and face, and has yet to try to upsell anything. They also drop you off where you need to be and pick you up at the end of the day.  I honestly ADORE the dealership experience... the salesman wasn't great but you deal with him once, but the service experience thus far has been great.

This is in complete contrast to the Toyota dealership - large, relatively uncoordinated shuttle, and complete crooks (Said they filled washer fluid - next day ran out - not a big deal but if you say you're doing something do it!)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:07 pm »
Kia Adds 201 hp to the All-New Forte 5-Door

Not sure how it's good news. From the start the 1.6 will be weak until the turbo kicks in. If you are making a Sport trim, just take the base 2.0 and add a T  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 10:23:39 pm »
I mean real racing like F1, Le mans, IndyCar, and others. Ground up R&D that does not involving taking a consumer car and adding a few mods with stickers.

I much prefer touring and rally cars to F1, Indy....blah blah blah. Cool to see normal cars going around a track, especially the factory stock guys!!

I agree with Rally cars and what that that did for Subaru.  Factory cars with a few mods are fun to watch but there is no substitute for engineering, building, participating, and being in contention in the big leagues. For example, Honda's involvement in F1 resulted in the S2000. A car that is still relevant 13 years after it was first introduced.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:26:16 pm by Snowman »

Offline takwu

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 12:46:12 am »
I agree with the comment about the base engine.  Impressive power in a car of this class...  The current Forte5 starts at $16,895, and if the new one doesn't go up too much, it will be a performance bargain...  Unfortunately it sounds like it's automatic only.

Surely the turbocharged SX will be great, and according to reviews of the Veloster Turbo, power is plenty.  All Kia models have been tuned to be more sporty than the equivalent Hyundai models, so it's safe to assume the new Forte5 EX will be sportier than the Elantra GT, and the SX even more so.

Styling is nice, but I do miss some of the features of the current Forte5...  That said, it's probably the only good looking 5-door other than the Elantra GT.  The front-end even looks a bit like my 08' Tiburon - I like.

The EX seems like a great car, but I won't get an automatic... Does the sedan come with a manual with the same engine?  The SX is an interesting alternative to the Veloster Turbo, but it might be a bit more pricey.  Still, the SX manual will be a very exciting model in the Kia showroom.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 01:00:53 am »
Sounds like at least the SX will have the stick option:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCfGdB6ygs

Offline Nuttygent

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +7/-20
  • Every man dies...but not every man lives
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Forte5 SX
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »
  This is a very interesting car, I hope my Mazda 3 doesn't know I'm writing this. Sounds like the perfect commuter car from Guelph...good fuel economy and power for passing the drones in the left lane!

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
nice... i had been contemplating the hyundai offerings for my wife... i preferred the style and sportyness of the veloster, but needed the four door hatch stlye of the elantra gt... and something about the elantra just wasn't saying "exciting"...

this is quite a nice package. i will have to seriously consider it.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now