Author Topic: Quick Spin: 2012 Mazda3 GS-Sky  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Quick Spin: 2012 Mazda3 GS-Sky
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:04:06 am »

Mazda's SkyActiv drivetrain makes a dent in the car's fuel consumption, but next year's model will tell the real take.

Read More...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Quick Spin: 2012 Mazda3 GS-Sky
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 07:17:49 am »
The additional comfort of the VW Jetta comes at the cost of poorer handling. I'd take the 3 over the Jetta any day of the week.

I'm just disappointed that the SkyActiv drivetrain is not offered with the additional amenities that the GT trim level has.

Never Satisfied

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:08:21 pm »
I owned the 2010 version of this car. 148 HP GLS model. I found this to be a fantastic car at the price. I felt like a winner driving this car, except for the front. Ruined the car. So now they have come back with the new and improved SkyActiv version. Better horses and better milegage. For me, this car is the benchmark for the small cars. They have modified the front as well to make it more acceptable and non-threatening. I have read numerous write ups on this car and the pros say that the mileage is for real. At least Mazda is out there swinging and trying to make a go of things. I think it is a smart company with a great product. On the top of my list now the way things are going. When you are dealing with 21 to 23k of real money in the car world I prefer to stick with winners in the small car department. Do you think it is fair to make the consumer take a chance with his vehicles when he doesn't or shouldn't have to?  They make drug companies test their products before they foist them upon consumers, so why not car companies? We shouldn't have to pay for car company's mistakes. I realize that their are manufacturers' warranties, but sometimes these backups just are not good enough. In the 21st century we expect more from a car company.   Either do your job or get out of the business.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:20:56 pm by Never Satisfied »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »
I owned the 2010 version of this car. 148 HP GLS model. I found this to be a fantastic car at the price. I felt like a winner driving this car, except for the front. Ruined the car. So now they have come back with the new and improved SkyActiv version. Better horses and better milegage. For me, this car is the benchmark for the small cars. They have modified the front as well to make it more acceptable and non-threatening. I have read numerous write ups on this car and the pros say that the mileage is for real. At least Mazda is out there swinging and trying to make a go of things. I think it is a smart company with a great product. On the top of my list now the way things are going. When you are dealing with 21 to 23k of real money in the car world I prefer to stick with winners in the small car department. Do you think it is fair to make the consumer take a chance with his vehicles when he doesn't or shouldn't have to?  They make drug companies test their products before they foist them upon consumers, so why not car companies? We shouldn't have to pay for car company's mistakes. I realize that their are manufacturers' warranties, but sometimes these backups just are not good enough. In the 21st century we expect more from a car company.   Either do your job or get out of the business.

You wear a belt and suspenders, don't you.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline ajay

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +16/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:37 am »
Suffice it to say I’m more interested to see what the full SkyActiv treatment will do for the 2013 Mazda3 than I was in my experience with this 2012 version.

It won't be full skyactiv until 2015 when the intaked is changed , a bump in compression to 13 to 1
the suspension will be all new , set to european specs and the body will be lighter .