Author Topic: Street Wheelers 2011 Show & Shine  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
Street Wheelers 2011 Show & Shine
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »

I didn’t get to see as much of the Street Wheeler’s weekend as I usually do this year with missing the the cruise and auto-x completely. I did however get to the show and shine which was quite good this year and is held in the very nice Galt Gardens in downtown Lethbridge. I even entered my 1973 Mazda 808 Coupe which got mixed reaction but that is not surprising given the heavy American car flavour of the show. First car show I've entered in almost a decade I think. I probably should have done a little better job of washing it too. I did get a few nice comments as well a few good chats from people who remembered 808s or owned one back in the day. I also met a reader of this blog which was very nice indeed.

The Full Gallery of Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/sets/72157627182981298/

I was amazed to this fantastic 1948 Lincoln Continental Mark II V12 at the show. Quite a rare car.

This 510 owner parked next to me for most of the show. There is a SR20DET swapped into it as well as a few other customs touches.

VW powered Dune Buggy

1950 Chevrolet 3100 truck with flames

Quite a rare 1937 Studebaker Express Coupe J-5. These classic trucks were on of the first attempted to provide a more civilized/upmarket truck. The cab and forward was mostly a Studebaker Dictator coupe and the rear was a 1/2 ton pickup box. Car like amenities where available. There were only 3,500-3,800 produced in 1937.

One of the few other Japanese cars at the show this Toyota Celica was very nice indeed.