Author Topic: What is future of Hyundia Elantra Touring  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
What is future of Hyundia Elantra Touring
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:58:10 am »
I was wondering what your thoughts were on the future of the Elantra Touring. I have a friend who is very interested in buying one.

With the new Elantra sedan I am surprised the Touring remains unchanged for 2011. It seems to be left with an outdated engine. I do not see many on the roads in Montreal. I am suspecting that this car might be dropped from the Hyundai line up.

If dropped I would suspect resale values will nose dive and part may become hard to find.

If about to be re-designed I would advise my friend to wait for new and improved model.

We are aware on competitors like Matrix, Mazda 3 & Kia forte but my friend seems to like this car.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: What is future of Hyundia Elantra Touring
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:24 am »
after this TOUR prolly retire to GET'MO) Island... ???
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:57 am »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:05:42 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:53 am »
It's a very roomy wagon however if it matters to your friend. The engine may still be fine when compared to the competition, but 4spd auto and is the weakest link IMO. There are rumors of the Sonata wagon coming here, if he wants to wait...
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:04:53 am »
Also the current Touring model is kind of wagon like... the new one is apparently going to be more hatchback than the current one. I actually thought that was a smart differentiation on Hyundai's part. I like the Touring. It's a good looking car and perhaps one of the first Hyundai's I saw on the road and thought "wow... that's really good".

All rumors so who knows what it'll shake out like.

Katana

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:09 pm »
For what it's worth I've lived somewhere where the Elantra Touring was the only "budget" wagon on the market; when Hyundai discontinued it they became quite sought after.