Author Topic: BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine  (Read 13476 times)

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
Re: BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:35 am »
I do agree that a 160 bhp inline 6 in a bike or a Caterham would be an earthshaking experience.  Although that new BMW turbo 4 would be as well.

And, Turbo, I only suggested that I, me, myself, would as soon have a turbo 4 BMW than a L6 atmospheric engine. Assuming that the 4 was cheaper and hopefully had a higher specific output than the 6.   I also agree that V6 engines are a bit nasty ( Dino 246 excepted) and I have never owned a V8.

Agree with pretty well everything you say.

Sad about not owning a V8. Have had a number of them, and one V12 actually, but a good V8 is a heck of a sweet engine. The Hemi in my 300C is just as fine an automotive experience as I have ever had. Such a sweet, sweet engine.
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:48 pm »
Geez a Germaine Mo/Bike engine inna Caterham....has WW2 ENDED.. ???.............No BRIT IRON around............a Triumph Triple LUTZ perchance..........
Time is to stop everything happening at once