Author Topic: The BEST and WORST auto trends 2010 (autoblog)  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
Re: The BEST and WORST auto trends 2010 (autoblog)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:42:34 am »
This one I found the most questionable. Is it really THAT bad?

Both Honda and Toyota had a 2010 that the automakers will be glad to put behind them. Toyota saw its once spotless reputation in the U.S. deteriorate with each successive recall and subsequent lawsuit, and as such, the automaker lost ground to competitors in the eyes of new car shoppers. Honda suffered a few recalls of its own, but its woes were cemented more in products that few buyers seemed interested in. Sales of the Accord Crosstour, Insight and CR-Z are all dismal and a fraction of what the company had projected, and Acura hasn't been faring much better. Suzuki and Mitsubishi have been likewise unable to find their way out of the woods, leaving only Subaru to impress us with sales figures from the Land of the Rising Sun. With domestic manufacturers continually honing their game and both Hyundai and Kia dusting off impressive model lineups, 2010 may have been the beginning of the end of Japan's dominance over the car market in the Sates.
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:28:49 am »
This one I found the most questionable. Is it really THAT bad?

The Civic is still one of the best, if not the best, selling cars in Canada. And the Corolla and Camry are both on that list as well. IIRC the Accord and Camry are two of the best selling cars in the United States.

Yup, the end is nigh for Honda and Toyota. ::)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:12:39 pm »
...the end is nigh...

Hopefully the end is nigh for the endless posts that have nothing more than a link.  At least this one is auto related.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:40:36 pm »
Hopefully the end is nigh for the endless posts that have nothing more than a link.  At least this one is auto related.

:iagree:

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:49:19 pm »
...the end is nigh...

I didn't even read the article, because if the original poster can't be bothered to even make a comment/summary, the article can't be worth reading.  I'm not going to blindly follow a link with no suggestion or discussion of its contents.

Come on, folks, stop being so lazy.  If it's worth linking to, you could give us an executive summary.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

hondroid

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:37:41 am »
Honda and Toyota have had their day in the spotlight.  Compared to the Korean brands, Honda and Toyota are lagging behind.  Won't be long until the release of the new Civic, next week.