Author Topic: CR Predicted Reliability List  (Read 6282 times)

kicker

Re: CR Predicted Reliability List
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 08:17:37 pm »
I wonder of all the cars that weren't mentioned was because there was not enough C.R. readers
who bought enough of them to meet the required number of cars to give a rating too .
Thats why J.D. Power is better -- alot more peoples cars .
It's like they say - C.R. is like - only asking all of the people who go to Tim Hortons what they think of their car
J.D. Power , goes to all the coffee shops of every chain and asks similar questions .

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:05 pm »
I wonder of all the cars that weren't mentioned was because there was not enough C.R. readers
who bought enough of them to meet the required number of cars to give a rating too .
It's like they say - C.R. is like - only asking all of the people who go to Tim Hortons what they think of their car
J.D. Power , goes to all the coffee shops of every chain and asks similar questions .

Yea, but then you get those people who've never even seen a JD Power survey (I've only seen one BTW) then complain and say the results aren't valid because JD Power sells the results to companies for bragging privileges.  FWIW, I no longer like some of the JD Powers surveys because they've changed in recent years, particularly the "design" one)

True Delta is also pretty good.  http://www.truedelta.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:23:27 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:55 pm »

Yea, but then you get those people who've never even seen a JD Power survey (I've only seen one BTW) then complain and say the results aren't valid because JD Power sells the results to companies for bragging privileges.  FWIW, I no longer like some of the JD Powers surveys because they've changed in recent years, particularly the "design" one)

True Delta is also pretty good.  http://www.truedelta.com/

Yeah....I like True Delta as well. (I actually fill out their quarterly surveys on a regular basis for both the SRX and the Cooper )
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:11 pm »
Small car #1. Woot

Truck #17. Haha figures POS

kicker

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 04:42:17 am »
I'm not familar with True Delta , I've only come across them just a few times .
So I punched in True Delta versus J.D Power .
Alot of sites came up of True Delta trashing J.D. Power . So I tried the reverse .
I punched in J.D. Power versus True Delta , to see if the results would be different
Same thing ,True Delta trashing J.D. Power .

True Delta sure likes to trash J.D. Power and has put up several sites to say so .
This seems to be a marketing tool for them .

Though I despise these type of tactics , I think True Delta is better because they ask their members on a monthly basis , giving quarterly updates on what goes wrong with their cars . This seems to be a better approach than J.D. Powers and Consumer Reports . -- people forget .

J.D. Power could have conflicting interests as well . They are in business to make money .

True Deltas only real flaw is their limited numbers . (40,000)
Given its relatively small sample size, Truedelta.com has been accused of having a more limited selection of model data compared to Consumer Reports. Truedelta also allows for a smaller reportable base per model (25), compared to Consumer Reports (100). End quote .

So , in conclusion , use all 3 sites , and cross reference . All 3 have flaws .

Offline Blue01

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »
I've followed CR ratings for years, and though it took me awhile to clue into what they were trying to tell me, I eventually saw the light.  First with a '95 Accord, then a 2001 Legacy, and Hondas and Subarus ever since.  And there's no turning back, I hope.
Prior to that, I made the mistake of owning Chrysler products from the late '80s to late '90s.  How did Chrysler ever stay in business?  Why the heck were they bailed out when they still can't produce a half-assed quality product?
Last summer we rented a Sebring for several days. :rofl:  Yup, CR was right.

While I was a subscriber to CR, every year I accurately filled out their reliability reports.  Thank god they were anonymous!  It was getting a little embarassing until I finally switched.

kicker

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »
I totally agree with you . But things should get alot better with them soon .
Though I've never considered Fiat tops for reliability , I feel the joining will help Chrysler .

Quote from Michael Vaughan Report Card .
B +
Chrysler: I had written Chrysler off until I saw the 14 new and improved vehicles that they are bringing to market. Huge improvements in all of them made with little or no money. Shows real commitment by the employees who are left. The soon to be debuted Chrysler 300 is another winner too.

Quote from Autoblog .
Report: Fiat's new DCT porting over to Chrysler models by 2013

What did we tell you? It's all about synergy, people. Automakers around the world are aligning themselves into a constricting cadre of corporate groups, all in the aim of sharing resources. So when Fiat, for example, has a winner on its hands – be it a new platform, a new transmission or anything in between – you know it'll only be a matter of time before it finds its way to Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills. Likely in Sergio Marchionne's hand luggage.

The latest from Fiat Powertrain Technologies is its TCT dual-clutch transmission. Lighter than most units at 179 pounds, versatile enough to be mated to a broad range of engines, and packing six speeds and two dry clutches, the gearbox has been in development for over five years now since the split with General Motors.

The transmission was made available initially on the Alfa Romeo MiTo, but will – according to Inside Line – soon find its way into a broad range of vehicles from Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and yes, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, too. IL says we should expect the gearbox to proliferate into all manner of Chrysler and Fiat products by 2013.