Author Topic: Product Review: Scan Gauge II  (Read 19232 times)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Product Review: Scan Gauge II
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:10:56 pm »
Actually anything within the windshield area on the driver's side is illegal.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »
Link?

I can't find anything on that other than California and Minnesota used to have that law, and both repealed it.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 02:52:35 pm »
It's part of the safety requirement in Ontario I know that, not sure about elsewhere or after safety is done but I wouldn't want it there that's for sure, nothing goes in my windshield area.  You need to be able to see everything in front of you.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »
It's too low, doesn't cover anything. Just below line of sight, much better than looking around the cabin for it.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:40 am »
It's too low, doesn't cover anything. Just below line of sight, much better than looking around the cabin for it.

Maybe there a size difference between Wing & you ;D

Supreco

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 08:29:00 pm »
Where can you buy the ScanGauge II in Canada? Ontario?
Thanks.
Gerry

I got mine at Budds Subaru in Oakville.  It was a while ago (1.5 years maybe), so I'm not sure if they still carry them.

Mine worked flawlessly in my Outback.  My current vehicle is a hybrid, and it works well, except for the fact that it powers down after a minute or so when I'm driving in electric mode only (I guess it doesn't receive any input from the engine when it's off, so it figures the vehicle is off).

For hybrids, change the fuel type setting to hybrid ... and the scan gauge will register readings continuously. It's all in the manual.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 01:30:28 pm »
i have always been curious about something like this...i found a Canadian ebay seller (from BC) for those who wish to purchase online:

$160 US (close to par right now) and free shipping: http://myworld.ebay.ca/nrg_svr/

even though i don't (ie. can't) repair much (if anything) on my own, the fuel economy and other information is nice to have...also, sometimes being armed with the knowledge before going to the dealership is nice, just in case they are trying to pull a fast one on you...at least it may save you the diagnostic fee, which is already half the cost of the device.

When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »
i have always been curious about something like this...i found a Canadian ebay seller (from BC) for those who wish to purchase online:

$160 US (close to par right now) and free shipping: http://myworld.ebay.ca/nrg_svr/

even though i don't (ie. can't) repair much (if anything) on my own, the fuel economy and other information is nice to have...also, sometimes being armed with the knowledge before going to the dealership is nice, just in case they are trying to pull a fast one on you...at least it may save you the diagnostic fee, which is already half the cost of the device.

It's a great device . I have 2 ,one for each car I purchased mine here .http://giffordautomotive.com/ordering.htm
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata