Author Topic: Anyone use Nokia Symbian 3 Devices?  (Read 615 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Anyone use Nokia Symbian 3 Devices?
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:43 am »
I'm just curious.  well, i'm thinking of Nokia N8 as my personal phone replacement.

I'm provided with iPhone 4 from work, and the novelty certainly has subsided a lot.  been using iOS for a long time now. 
I just use it for call/email/calendar/note/book reading/maps/musics/games/camera.....    damn, i use it a lot....  but note the lack of social media. and personally, i use it for book reading the most.

i currently have samsung focus windows 7 phone as personal device.  i like the look, feel, simple user experience, but it might be a little too limited in tinkering area.   i just use it for phone, but it CAN do everything the iPhone does. and has even better camera, and brilliant screen.  (iphone screen is brilliant as well, however.  i'm just more used to iphone so the colour representation on AMOLED screen of samsung seems fresher)

but i'm thinking, maybe there are even better PHONES out there.  I've had good luck with Nokia devices in the past.  virtually indestructible(though my mom managed by putting it in the washing machine,  ;D ) very intuitive and customizable.  but that was in the past.

so, my question is, how is symbian 3 device like?  i've seen some review videos, and they seem quite polarizing.  reviews are generally favorable, with strong points for stout hardware, but generally taking hits on old "looking" OS.  numerous loyalists saying it's the best phone ever, and numerous new android/iOS users saying it's ancient POS. 

is it truly lacking? anyone know from personal experience?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Anyone use Nokia Symbian 3 Devices?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:26:45 am »
http://blogs.forbes.com/elizabethwoyke/2011/03/22/nokia-no-symbian-cdma-handsets-wait-until-windows-phone/

Nokia going window also

hmm..  that's new.  i knew nokia was going windows, but didn't know symbian was staying around.  that article sounds quite hopeful for symbian users.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Anyone use Nokia Symbian 3 Devices?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:54 am »
I bought a cheapo ($89) pay-as-you-go Nokia C3 a while back. Rogers mucked up some of the apps, but I like the phone itself. And $25 a month for free texting, free weekend calling and unlimited browsing works for me.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken