Author Topic: Test Drive: 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6  (Read 12255 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Test Drive: 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:14 pm »
Artic Steve, you are wrong about the gas mileage on the 4 Cylinder.  It does NOT get significantly better mileage than the 6 Cyl.   In fact several reviews have commented that because it only gets 1 or 2 miles gallon better its basically not worth having, for far less horsepower.

Toyota haters have already rode that bus regarding the Venza.  Essentially the same situation.  Venza 2.7 significantly better mileage than 3.5 in actual real world urban congestion month after month, year after year.  When two motors essentially spend a great % of their life idling around, the motor with 2 less cylinders uses less fuel.

Then there is the issue of serviceability in 10 years time, because unlike the D3, these vehicles actually last past that.  The 4 cylinder is miles ahead in terms of service accessibility.  Look in the engine bay of a 3.5 V6.  Not a friendly place for the hands.

If this were rural west Texas where one would spend the vast majority of their motoring life and gas is 55 cents a litre I would agree that the V6 is worth the extra upfront expense.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 09:40:54 pm »
Canada, 2010 sales to the end of July
Venza 7394
Edge 9320

US, 2010 sales to the end of June
Venza 25196
Edge 56077

Doesn't look like the I4 engine is helping Venza sales to me, especially when you consider that the Venza is a brand new product, while the Edge is getting up there.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
Doesn't look like the I4 engine is helping Venza sales to me,

Didn't know you had access to specific Canadian sales data.  ::)  Without the 4 banger in Canada the Venza would be trouble.  About 3 to 1 sales ratio.   The I4 AWD being the go to model. 

In the USA 32% of Ford sales where fleet during that time period.  Toyota 9%.  Comparing sales numbers between the two models is pointless in that environment.

However, what is known is the resale value.  You buy an Edge, you're stuck with it.  :)

Got to Laugh

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 11:08:08 pm »
Congrats for focusing on the functional aspect. 

Yeah Congrat's toyota....not only do you have all those PR problems, thousands of cars on recall...you're still building mini vans....lol.  Welcome to the 80's!  Maybe they should come with an 8 trac option...lol.

Give it up man!   :surrend:

You no like - you no buy. Toyota PR problems created  by Obamverment, to recoup some of the money they sunk into GM. Also, the world does not end with North America. Google minivans elsewhere. Everyone (save for those like Ferrari, Alfa, Morgan) builds and sell them.

Just because North America has this fascination with hatchbacks on stilts, does not mean the madness has spread outside. And since Toyota can build AND sell every one they make (I should know, I waited 3 months for mine in 2009), kudos indeed.

Would have answered earlier but I was in the shop with my corolla....tried to explain to the dealer your OBAMA case while he was fixing my car.  Told him that the matrix/corolla recall was all Obama's doing.  He was nice about it....he asked if there was a recall on your brain....I said I didn't know...maybe you can go to Yorkdale Toyota and explain it to the toyota dealer yourself.  I always thought that they grew to fast, that their focus became volumn and not quality, that their dealer network has grown way to fast, that key toyota executives have left and gone to the competition.  But what do I know?  :hello:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:10:45 pm by Got to Laugh »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 11:31:09 pm »
Doesn't look like the I4 engine is helping Venza sales to me,

Didn't know you had access to specific Canadian sales data.  ::)  Without the 4 banger in Canada the Venza would be trouble.  About 3 to 1 sales ratio.   The I4 AWD being the go to model. 

link?

In the USA 32% of Ford sales where fleet during that time period.  Toyota 9%.  Comparing sales numbers between the two models is pointless in that environment.

Ford sells a lot of trucks to contractors and government. Not all of their vehicles have 32% fleet sales.

They sold over twice as many. Even if they had 32% fleet sales, they still outsold the Venza in retail sales.

However, what is known is the resale value.  You buy an Edge, you're stuck with it.  :)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:32:44 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »