Author Topic: 2011 Buick Regal CXL; Day 1  (Read 82241 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: 2011 Buick Regal CXL; Day 1
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »
Mad hominem - a crusty old curmudgeon with little Latin and less sense who perpetually presumes to sit in judgment of others.  In my opinion.  ;)

Can I be any more clear than this - I don't care if you love, hate, or are indifferent toward the Buick.  It does not alter or affect my life one iota.  I'm not trying to "bully" anyone - least of all a grumpy old man like you - into agreeing with me about anything.  I don't believe that anyone on here - including you - is so pathetically fragile that they could be "bullied" into doing or thinking anything by what someone posts on a web forum.  If you think differently, well, that's your issue.

Also, suggesting that I am bullying you, when you are the one stalking my every post on these forums is the stuff of comic genius.

Please try to relax... blood pressure and all that....

You can post as often as you like that the Buick is the bestest sports sedan ever - I'm never going to agree with you and I definitely don't expect you to agree with me. So please give your delusions a rest and try to relax, okay?

Jaeger

Yet more of the same personal attacks: "old", "grumpy", "pathetically fragile", and of course "stalker". For someone who doesn't care, you've certainly worked yourself into a lather.

Do I seem upset in any way? It's certainly not the case. Just because I can't be bullied, doesn't mean you aren't trying your darndest.

I like this iteration of the Regal very much. I find its power adequate, nothing more, nothing less. The lack of a manual transmission and more seat bolstering are the only obvious criticisms I have with it.

Also FYI, I'm not old, I've never said, nor implied, that the Regal is "the bestest sports sedan ever", and my blood pressure is typically 110/65, but thank you ever so much for your concern.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:01:10 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12390
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2010, 07:38:21 pm »
And people were complaining that my posts were repetitive.  Yikes.  At least I was attempting to talk about the car.  I suppose calling people "pompous" and "arrogoant" doesn't count as a personal attack in your book?

Oh well.  At least the dime-store Latin has been given one post off.

I don't know whether you are in fact a grumpy old curmudgeon.  I do know that you play one on the forum.

Yes, you do seem upset.  I hope it passes - for your sake.  I hope you find something else to post about other than me - for everyone's sake.  But I'm not particularly hopeful on either count.

And I hope the Turbo gets her soon so I can drive one, say I ilke it and you can finally get some much needed sleep.

Jaeger
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:42:01 pm by Jaeger »
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #322 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:24 pm »
And people were complaining that my posts were repetitive.  Yikes.  At least I was attempting to talk about the car.  I suppose calling people "pompous" and "arrogoant" doesn't count as a personal attack in your book?

Oh well.  At least the dime-store Latin has been given one post off.

I don't know whether you are in fact a grumpy old curmudgeon.  I do know that you play one on the forum.

Yes, you do seem upset.  I hope it passes - for your sake.  I hope you find something else to post about other than me - for everyone's sake.  But I'm not particularly hopeful on either count.

And I hope the Turbo gets her soon so I can drive one, say I ilke it and you can finally get some much needed sleep.

Jaeger

I'm very rarely grumpy, certainly not old and I can assure you, not upset.

In Freudian psychology, Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person unconsciously denies their own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.[1]

An example of this behavior might be blaming another for self failure. The mind may avoid the discomfort of consciously admitting personal faults by keeping those feelings unconscious, and redirect their libidinal satisfaction by attaching, or "projecting," those same faults onto another.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »
Why don't you two put each other on ignore already??
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing