Author Topic: Steering You Right: Bicycles and cars  (Read 5830 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Steering You Right: Bicycles and cars
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »
#4   I believe there is a considerable difference in driving education between Europe and NA. It would be politically impossible to make the attainment of a driving licence in NA as difficult or expensive as it is in, say, Germany or France...sadly.
I don't know if any of that extra training involves being more attentive to cyclists or not but I have driven around both rural and highly urban France ( Paris) and seen drivers paying attention to cyclists AND cyclists who do hand signals, stop at red lights and ride the right way on one-way streets.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Steering You Right: Bicycles and cars
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 09:26:58 pm »
Had to ride past a bike/car accident on my way home. It must happened shortly before I went by as bystanders were the only ones on scene and still waiting for EMS. Looked horrible but hopefully the helmet he was wearing helped.

Then within one block a car almost took out the two cyclist in front of me because he (the car driver) moved into the bike lane for no reason.

Was very happy to get out of the core today and out to the spit to for some extra riding.