Author Topic: CTC Review: 2009 Kia Magentis LX  (Read 14793 times)

PMREdmonton

Re: CTC Review: 2009 Kia Magentis LX
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
Wing, have you driven the Sonata recently and how would you compare in to the Magenits.  I ask because the i4 Sonata does not have available ESC but Magentis has it on all the non-base i4s and that is a must have feature any new vehicle I purcahse.

I honestly think anyone is nuts to buy a new car without it because of its proven efficacy in saving lives.

I work with patient's with head injuries and I've not once seen anyone with a significant head injury who had a vehicle with ESC and who was wearing his seat belt and had a full set of airbags which functioned properly.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »
I went to the Kia canada website to price out a Magentis and I could not.  The Magentis wasn't even an option on the Price your Kia webpage.
I was curious if anybody would know why this is.

and

Breeze, I don't know why but I noticed the same!

According to the "Price your Kia" page, only 2009 prices are listed.  People are advised to call their local dealer for prices on 2008 models.

What does that have to do with the 2009 Magentis, one might ask?  Well, they haven't yet listed the 2009 version in the "Showroom" area!  Kia Canada has never been known to be quick about updating their web site. ::)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Breeze-E

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 08:36:25 pm »
I see...doesn't make much sense to me.  Would be a better idea to get that info out there sooner rather than later, especially since Kia is still a question mark to a lot of people.
That being said I still like the Magentis.  Seems to be a better than expected review as well.

Jen

Re:2009 Kia Magentis LX BAD JERKING slowing down into first. Automatic
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 09:32:40 am »
I own a 2009 Automatic KIA Magentis BASIC Model, still cost me $32,000.00 with the taxes admin fees etc. Within the first two months of owning the car I started to notice RUST in the trunk, dealership informed me metal on metal "nothing we can do". My car has been rust proof. The MAJORissue with the car, is when it is slowing down into first gear there is a horrible jerk. According to the both dealerships, I’ve dealt with the KIA magentis has had issues in the past with the transmission therefore the new magentis have new gears, and the jerking into first gear is normal, I don’t believe it. There is a problem with my vehicle and when it jerks no one can tell me its normal. When I have passengers in my car and the jerk happens they freak out. I've had my share of automatic cars and not one has ever jerked going into first. The dealership should have informed me of this JERKING! I purchased my car last Feb 09, jerking didn't start happening until December 09?? Go figure. I'm at a dead end, if there is anyone else out there with the same issues I have please post something.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 10:24:17 am »
I'm at a dead end, if there is anyone else out there with the same issues I have please post something.

Why don't you take it to another KIA dealers get a 3rd or 4th opinion.You should even contact KIA and see what they have to say.  This should be in the Moan and whine or Technical Questions. Perhaps you should join the forum. You could even take the car into a trusted transmission place and have look at for documented proof that should be you last course of action and if there is an issue take the dealer who you brought the car from to a small claims for a replace transmission cost. That's just a thought not sure how plausible that would be. But something I would try to do.