Author Topic: Book Review: Winning ' The Racing Life of Paul Newman  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Book Review: Winning ' The Racing Life of Paul Newman
« on: April 14, 2010, 04:07:52 am »

Author Matt Stone details how actor Paul Newman's role in the motor racing film, 'Winning', supercharged his interest in motor sports, and how, at the age of 45, Newman began a successful career as a racing driver and team manager.

Read More...

Offline Winterpeg

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '07 Chev Malibu LT V6
Re: Book Review: Winning ' The Racing Life of Paul Newman
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:50:36 am »
A similiar story for another actor James Garner who, like Newman, caught the racing bug after making his movie "Grand Prix". He contuined to be envolved in various on/off road races as a driver and owning a racing team. James also applyed  his skills in the "Rockford Files" series.    ;)
Have Car......Will Travel

c2100

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:28 pm »
I read this book a few weeks ago, lots of good photos in both black and white and colour to supplement the excellent text.

Anyone who has followed motorsport over the years should enjoy the book

I obtained my copy from the local library

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:22:40 pm »
..Newman need no "dressing" to be fine human being.............would that many of the so called "actors" had a tenth of his  CHARACTER..............he WON because he gave more than he took....... :thumbup: :winner:
Time is to stop everything happening at once