Author Topic: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country; Day 1  (Read 23300 times)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country; Day 1
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 12:44:10 am »
I love how every damn car review thread results in plastics talk.  :rofl:

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:30 am »
^^Me too. ;D I also love how every reviewer of a van inevitably whines about how uncool or unsexy they are. It's a VAN fer Gawd's sake!  ::)

While we had our our Caravan, we expected it to be cheap to buy and run, roomy, comfortable, utilitarian and reliable, and that's about it. It handled those expectations with aplomb.

We DIDN'T expect it to be hip, cool, trendy or sexy. Vans aren't any of these things, never have been and never will be. Puh-LEEEZ stop bitching about it already... >:(   
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 01:32:45 am »
^^Me too. ;D I also love how every reviewer of a van inevitably whines about how uncool or unsexy they are. It's a VAN fer Gawd's sake!  ::)

But that's the way it is...no matter the genre being reviewed.  If they review uber-luxury cars, they whine they aren't sporty enough.  They review pickup trucks, they complain about the ride, or fuel economy or sheer size.  Or an SUV might lose points because it's too "truck-like" and isn't "exciting" to drive.

Honestly...vehicles are so good today, they have to find SOMETHING to complain about....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:57 am »

Yup, it only took 4 posts until someone was commenting on plastic....
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:44 am »

But that's the way it is...no matter the genre being reviewed.  If they review uber-luxury cars, they whine they aren't sporty enough.  They review pickup trucks, they complain about the ride, or fuel economy or sheer size.  Or an SUV might lose points because it's too "truck-like" and isn't "exciting" to drive.

Honestly...vehicles are so good today, they have to find SOMETHING to complain about....

Now the newest thing that I've read Car and Driver complain about is why does anyone want or buy FWD CUVs.  Geez I wonder.  How about the extra 2-300 hundred pounds you needlessly carry around for 95% of your driving.  It's true, even the worst cars in any class are probably better than the best cars from 5 years ago. There really is little to fault these days except styling or price.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 01:01:13 pm »

There really is little to fault these days except styling or price.

100%!!  What I don't understand is why they spend so little time comparing vehicles in the same class - fear of the makers?

At the end of a review, I want to know the reviewers opinion of THAT car vs. the OTHER cars that do the same thing...or other cars that cost the same.  Not many people do that I find.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 12:47:05 pm »

Yup, it only took 4 posts until someone was commenting on plastic....

Yes I wonder who that was. Guilty as charge. I only commented because of the Dodge caliber I drove and wonder how it compared.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 02:27:10 pm »
plastics are explosive these daze................ ;D :nono: :run:...................softly softly catchee monkey.................
Time is to stop everything happening at once

frobertson

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »
Hopefully it will hold up better than my 2007 GC, which cost about 30 new and was worth 8 when it was traded 2 years later. Why trade it? Because it was a complete disaster. When you left you didn't know if you come back with a greater number of pieces, or fewer......coming back with the same parts was never an option. It was best described as 10 000 pieces (give or take a few, depending on the day) driving in loose formation. Add to this the absolutely horrible dealer experience and it is the last Chrysler I will ever buy. Oh, don't forget the horrible gas mileage, 22 l/100km in town and 17l/100km on the highway (although many times when on the highway it didn't use any gas at all, course it was broke down on the side of the road, but you know, Chrysler reliability at its best)

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 08:31:48 am »
Had two Caravans, the current model 3.8 L and the previous one 3.3 L. Both deliver stated or close to milage, 30 mpg on the highway when driven with a moderate load. The 3.8 L has been used mainly for towing a light travel trailer 27,000 kms worth. Had no problems wharsoever with either vehicle. Both transmissions 4 and 6 speed worked and work fine. Would buy another...if they are around and we still have the trailer.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 01:48:54 am »
Besides this, and the small volume niche minivan from Toyota & Honda, there isn't anything else.

Still see a high number of them on the road.

Offline Danno001

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-45
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 08:55:57 am »

There is an international investigation going on into problems with Toyota. You would think this would cause the average person to think twice before buying one until the problems are sorted out. I mean, it is not as if there are not a lot of good choices nowadays. But sales were UP last month for Toyota. WTF?

People have been drinking the Toyota/Honda cool aid for so long that they immediately view any problems as an anomaly. The Odyssey transmission problem has been a huge issue for them, but, they get a pass because they are Honda.

[/quote]

Do some research on TCO - Total Cost of Ownership on the Corolla. There is no less expensive vehicle to drive based on retained value, fuel economy, repair cost, ongoing maintenance, insurance cost.