Author Topic: Steering You Right: No driver’s license? No insurance.  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Steering You Right: No driver’s license? No insurance.
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:03:15 am »
In some cases, motorists involved in vehicle collisions were denied insurance coverage simply because their driver’s licences had expired.  Lawyer Jordan Charness cites some specific cases and the outcomes.
Read More...

MK2

Re: Steering You Right: No driver’s license? No insurance.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:27:58 pm »
I think if someone else causes the accident if you are driving a car without  alicence you shoudl sue the other motorist. Sure you might know you didn't have a valid licence but that did not cause the accident. It's like whne  Someone hit my car taht was parked in a redicential only zone doesn't mean I don't get insurance to pay because I technically wasn't allowed to park there.  I could have been a resident and car are allowed to park on the road

Cyrus

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:34 am »
I don't even know why we have driver's licenses that expire. If you need to take another test, or medical test, etc (e.g. you turn 75) okay sure, fine. But otherwise... we should be like France and have one driver's license we get at 16 and has no expiry.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 11:02:52 am »
My UK licence expires when I hit 70.   I had torenew the physical document  in 1974 'cos the format of it changed to include EU languages.  If I ever lose it I'll have to get a UK photo license which only lasts 5 years before renewal.   If I were to be in the Uk for, say, a month or so I'd probably do that.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:20:41 am »
I don't even know why we have driver's licenses that expire. If you need to take another test, or medical test, etc (e.g. you turn 75) okay sure, fine. But otherwise... we should be like France and have one driver's license we get at 16 and has no expiry.

Easy... $$$

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:47:35 am »
..... ::) DRIVE on tha LEFT fer a few weeks in Guelph before renewing UK thingy.................. :P :drive2: :bounce: :banana: :light:..NO ONE will notice................
Time is to stop everything happening at once