Author Topic: Long-term test: 2010 Lexus HS 250h - Introduction  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Long Term Test: 2010 Lexus HS 250h - mid-term report
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 08:33:58 am »
Warm and snowless all over the West, I think. Since coming back on Jan 2, we had about 2 very minor snowfalls of a few cms each, gone by noon the next day. We have no snow in the Valley and only snow on the mountains (but not much). It was sunny and up to 10C here today, and Spring things are starting to happen..!!  ;D

Didn't need to go South this year. Mildest in the 20 years we have been in Kelowna.
No snow, Does that mean the forest fire will be bad this year?

I would guess that may be the case. Depends on how much rain we get between now and the hot months. Since our average annual precip is 12 inches (8 inches is desert), don't count on much rain. It's out of human hands anyway.  ;)

All we can do is hope for the best , do you have fire insurance on the new house
Or is that a special rider ???

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Long Term Test: 2010 Lexus HS 250h - final report
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 04:05:00 am »

Though the winter in Winnipeg has been unusually mild, there were enough cold snaps to help Winnipeg reviewer Haney Louka determine just how well Lexus’ entry-level luxury hybrid performs at sub-zero temperatures.

Read More...

b16vtec

Re: Long Term Test: 2010 Lexus HS 250h - final report
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 11:19:12 am »
I noticed one on the road several weeks back.  I didn't notice it because it looked good or had any road presence.  The only reason I noticed it was because of it garish light baby-blue paint which made it stand out like a sore thumb.

I don't really know who would actually purchase one of these.  It doesn't have a unique profile which screams hybrid like the Prius.  It doesn't have the performance and handling which cars in its price range generally offer.  It is either overpriced for what it offers, or underengineered for its price.