Author Topic: 2010 Lincoln MKT; Day 1  (Read 16248 times)

Roy

Re: 2010 Lincoln MKT; Day 1
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 08:34:24 am »
I forgot about the rear end of the MKT - I much prefer the front styling over the rear styling.  The rear does not seem timeless and reminds me of the MKVIII from almost 2 decades ago!

While most will choose a BMW or Audi over the Lincoln - for those of us without the extra cash but still desire the luxury segment, the Lincoln I think fits in nicely.

old george

Re: 2010 Lincoln MKT; Day 3
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:52 am »
Freight train acceleration? And that's supposed to be a good thing?
Last time I checked, a freight train would do 0-100km/h in about 5 to 10 ... minutes, not seconds.
What may be comparable to freight trains' is the "ability" of these two behemoths to stop in short distances from highway speeds. It seems Ford is back in the business of making "true American cars".

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 05:06:00 pm »
It means more like it feels like it is running away.

SJP

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 11:21:49 pm »
It's too bad, after a few years of some really nice, clean designs, although a little safe Lincoln has one over the deep end trying to be different.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12405
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 10:30:45 am »
If this thing crashed head-on into a Honda Crosstour, they's both look better as a result.  Seriously, this is one of the fugliest vehicles on the road today.  I'm trying to come up with an appropriate dollar figure - not what I'd spend on this thing (zero) but what they'd have to pay me to drive one.  Big money, for sure.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Mitlov

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:28 pm »
If this thing crashed head-on into a Honda Crosstour, they's both look better as a result.  Seriously, this is one of the fugliest vehicles on the road today.  I'm trying to come up with an appropriate dollar figure - not what I'd spend on this thing (zero) but what they'd have to pay me to drive one.  Big money, for sure.

Jaeger

Really?  I think that the styling, while a bit brash, is pretty handsome.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »

Jaeger

Better yet,  throw in a Acura ZDX and TL in a pileup and just scrap all 4 of em.  That's 4 less eyesores on the road.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »
It's got a big grill, much like everything else in this class. The rest of it is pretty inoffensive. It looks ok in person.

The Crosstour and ZDX are ungainly all over.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 03:42:17 pm »

Jaeger

Better yet,  throw in a Acura ZDX and TL in a pileup and just scrap all 4 of em.  That's 4 less eyesores on the road.

I agree..... and you can add the BMW X6 to the mix as far as I'm concerned
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:56 pm »

Jaeger

I agree..... and you can add the BMW X6 to the mix as far as I'm concerned

And that Porsche 4S or whatever it's called.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12405
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 11:35:52 am »

Jaeger

Yes, really.  Some people think Roseanne Barr is hot.  There's no point arguing with them.

I've seen a couple of these on the road - they are firmly situated in the "literally made me laugh out loud" category.

Jaeger

Mitlov

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:05 am »
It's got a big grill, much like everything else in this class. The rest of it is pretty inoffensive. It looks ok in person.

Nicely put.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 11:56:50 am »
I sat in this think at the Auto Show and I could not fit in the 3rd row due to the lack of head room (I'm only 5' 8"). I can only fit with the hatch open (!).
I can fit OK in the Flex though.

secret identity

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:01 am »

Jaeger

Yes, really.  Some people think Roseanne Barr is hot.  There's no point arguing with them.

I've seen a couple of these on the road - they are firmly situated in the "literally made me laugh out loud" category.

Jaeger

Perhaps SeaWorld can purchase a fleet, attach a rear fins, voila....baleen whales.

Ken Priban

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »
I can't believe this.  One person calls it ugly and all jump on the bandwagon. 
I like the design of this car.  I have a Chrysler Pacifica and am seriously thinking of getting the MKT.
I like a different design as it stands out against all the boxes.
Speaking of Ford Flex--who wants to drive a box down the street?
The BMW X5 looks like a Honda,Hyundi, Kia, GM Arcadia--all boxes with a hood.
When I pay money for a car, I want people to notice the car, and how best to do that than to have something "different"?
For those complaining about the back seats--the MKT has more rear seat room (cu. ft.) than the Audi Q7.
To me, the only close competition comes from the Buick Enclave.
See it in person, drive it and then tell me how bad it is.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 09:26:53 pm »
I like the design of this car.  I have a Chrysler Pacifica and am seriously thinking of getting the MKT.
When I pay money for a car, I want people to notice the car, and how best to do that than to have something "different"?
For those complaining about the back seats--the MKT has more rear seat room (cu. ft.) than the Audi Q7.

No wonder you like it - you have a Pacifica, another ugly thing. The Ford Flex is interesting and the BMW X5 is sweet great looking IMO.

To each his own as styling is subjective - and I have seen it in person which is why I say it is ugly.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:40:22 pm by ovr50 »
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 09:31:24 pm »

No wonder you like it - you have a Pacifica, another ugly thing. The Ford Flex is interesting and the BMW X5 is sweet.

To each his own as styling is subjective - and I have seen it in person which is why I say it is ugly.  ;D ;D

BARF!!!  Sweet?  Seriously? 
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »
BARF!!!  Sweet?  Seriously?

Well, it's good looking - I fixed the comment. "Sweet" was probably not the correct word. Thanks for being so subtle.... ;D ;D

I do like the looks of the X5, especially the new "refreshed" one coming for 2011.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2010, 01:16:17 am »
Saw one on the road today, and I liked the looks a whole lot more than I liked them in the pics.
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons