Poll

How would you try and crash in unavoidable crash condition?

Head-On
0 (0%)
Evade/fail, offset frontal crash
1 (11.1%)
Maneuver to unmanned side/side crash
6 (66.7%)
pull a side-brake 180 and hit in the trunk... yes i'm that good.
1 (11.1%)
crank the wheel all the way and hope for the best.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Best way to Crash???  (Read 6414 times)

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to Crash???
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 04:52:57 pm »
Well, I do eat on a long drive. I'll have everything arranged ahead of time to make sure I can do it all one-handed without taking my eyes off the road.
And NO, eating a sandwhich while driving is not the same thing as talking on a cell phone as I am not using any significant number of brain cycles compared to an active conversation asking/answering questions all while holding a handset by your ear.
90% of the time I only have one (left) hand on the steering wheel (an old habit of driving manuals around town where the right hand is pretty much glued to the shifter) so it makes little difference whether I am shifting into another gear or grabbing a chip from the bag. In both cases my hand can find it without thinking about it.
When a chunk of food falls off onto the seat, I just say "fack it, I'll clean it up when I get there"

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »
You're eating your sandwiches wrong. "The avocado is so creamy and mmmm did they use Japanese mayonaise in the egg salad?? Must close eyes and savour taste......." Crash.

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:26 pm »
If the suggestion is that using only one hand makes it okay, then it should be okay to use a cell phone while driving.

The hardest thing I've eaten while driving was a Peanut Buster Parfait, you have to steer with your knees so you can hold it in one hand and use the spoon with the other.

Hardest I eaten was a caesar salad. You know the one from Harvey's or Wendy's way back.
Crouton's so hard to pick up, settle and eat.