Author Topic: 2009 Venza pricing for Canada released  (Read 41327 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: 2009 Venza pricing for Canada released
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 03:02:42 pm »
Snowbanks will drive the thing crazy.  These auto dimmers have been around for ages.  My Town Car had one.  In some areas it's useful, mostly rural, in suburbia not so good.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2009, 08:38:58 pm »
I sat in Venza yesterday. It was a V6 AWD with leather. Well done vehicle, better than any other Toyota model IMO. I think it will sell very well, eating into RAV4 and Highlander market share. I know the Highlander is a 7-seater, but I don't think that everyone buying one buys it because of that.

Personally, I still don't like the design but the vast majority of people buy cars with different priorities in mind.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2009, 02:46:17 pm »
I drove (only briefly however) a V6, AWD Venza yesterday. It was cloth seats model and stickered about $35K. Other than the leather seats, and heated seats, it had all the other toys and goodies (including two moonroofs, the rear one of which is huge). I only drove it for about 10 mins and didn't get chance to go more than about 80KPH. It felt funny when I started out, in that the rake of the windshield and the sloped nose take a bit of getting used to. The drive was fine and I did not find it "rough" like one previous poster who drove it did. It feels "big" to me, and you sit lower than in the HL, which may account for why it feels bigger. Visibility was good, even the rearward corner check for traffic. It seems very roomy inside. I like the dash and console layout.

I agree with those that think it will steal sales from RAV4 and Highlander. The salesguy agreed with me on that. I do think the pricing is very attractive, and Toyota will sell a bunch of these vehicles. I happen to like the looks of it, but is it a replacement for the Highlander? I really don't know, as we want of go smaller and the Venza is definitely not smaller. I also would not be a buyer until they had lots of 20" (or even 19") winter tires in stock.

In the short 10 mins I had it, I couldn't really get a firm opinion on whether or not I really would want one. Maybe we'll look at it again in the Spring, closer to the time that we may wish to deal off the HL.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2009, 03:31:06 pm »
I drove by the dealer on the weekend to get a closer look at one and have to say I am impressed with the look. My concerns though would also be the very large tires and have to think that 18's would have been just fine, or even 17's because the 20's look huge. Overkill - prolly.

But it does look good and I suspect a lot of people will buy one just because it isn't an SUV since they are losing their lustre. And if that's the case Toyota timed the market right by having a product ready to take up for declining RAV and HL sales.