Author Topic: Hyundai Santa Fe  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
Hyundai Santa Fe
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »
A co-worker wants to get one of these. He's gone into the dealer - they offered him $3k off the list price. From what I understand Hyundai is offering $4k on the hood of these so the dealer isn't budging. I'm going to coach him on negotiating but anything else to know about these? Anyone bought one recently?

PMREdmonton

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:34:22 pm »
I bought a 2007 Limited AWD 5-passenger version.

The vehicle has been pretty solid through about 30, 000 kms so far with only a couple of small problems.  On one occasion, the car would not start - for some reason the FOB had become demagnetized and had to be reset.  One day when it was -40 here, there was a problem with the exhaust line and the check light came on.

Overall, it isn't frugal on gas but this is true of all AWD vehicles of this size.

The seats are pretty comfy, but I would suggest anyone over 6' look for something else due to the lack of thigh support on the cushions.

It is okay with the 3.3L but would suggest avoiding the 2.7 on the base model as it will be underpowered for its size.

Handling for parking lot situations is surpisingly good and it is very easy to park.

I wouldn't go around trying to throw it into corners as there is a fair bit of body roll.

It is reasonably quiet on the highway.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 06:30:47 am »
I would suggest anyone over 6' look for something else due to the lack of thigh support on the cushions

I also find the drive seat does not travel far enough back, I could not get into a comfortable driving poisiton

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »
Arthur, have your buddy call Rob at WestEd Hyundai, tell him Darren in Saskatoon referred him.  He's a buddy and will get you a bottom dollar.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:47:05 pm »
Arthur, have your buddy call Rob at WestEd Hyundai, tell him Darren in Saskatoon referred him.  He's a buddy and will get you a bottom dollar.

Is that in Edmonton?