Author Topic: Do you know a way to get songs off iPhone?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Do you know a way to get songs off iPhone?
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
I recently had to replace HDD in my Macbook, and all my song collections(some I may not be able to replace, due to damaged and/or misplaced CDs) went with it to hell.

I tried to synchronize the iPhone with my mac, and it warned me that sync will erase all movies and song on my iPhone because I don't have anything in the library of iTunes.

I have about 30% of my collection on my iPhone, and I would like to re-instate them to the iTunes in order to back them up.(cows and barn doors fixing and empty barn comes to mind..)

However, as most of you with iTunes probably know, you can't copy songs from iPod/iPhone back to fresh iTunes. (drives me nuts.  I could fathom pulling my toe nails off un-anesthetized than to deal with iTunes.)

So, I have a question.
Do you know a quick and painless ways to get my songs on iPhone back into iTunes?
What method do you use? 

and Please.  don't remind me how stupid i had been, not backing up.  losing all my trip photos and songs are punishment enough.. :(

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Re: Do you know a way to get songs off iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:58:58 pm »
Download a program called Senuti.  I haven't used it with my iPhone, but it worked great on my iPod.  I assume it works on the iPhone as well...

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »
Jailbrake iPhone copy files off ;) 

Just guessing though I suspect this would work.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »
I had the same problem when my PC hard drive crashed.  I Googled the problem, and found the answer -- I just can't remember what it was.

However, you do have to authorize your new computer first, I think, by launching iTunes first and logging in (IIRC).

In any case, there are lots of solutions to this.  Mac User forums might be a big help, I think.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 10:22:16 pm »
You can try Linux and its various iPod/iPhone tools.   I can move songs on and off my iPod under Linux without using iTunes.  :)