Author Topic: Looking for GPS system  (Read 4215 times)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Re: Looking for GPS system
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 06:43:11 pm »
I find the points of interest handy too.  Looking for a gas station, restaurant, hotel, etc. are all quite a bit easier with a navigation unit.  I'm excited to see the next development, which will be an internet connection that lets you read reviews of the restaurants right from your GPS.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 07:50:15 pm »
No GPS is perfect. Garmin 750 I had was easy to understand, came with a very convenient windshield sucker bracket but the battery was so-so, it said funny things, and the routing (being the most important thing in a gps) wasn't overly accurate or smart.
Go 930 which is the one I decided to keep takes a guru to program, requires to unplug from a power cord every time you take it off the windshield, but from almost every other point of view is excellent and has a great pc update and community support. So if someone is wants to buy 1 and really  use it thats what I would recommend.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 01:56:34 pm »
I got this for Christmas.  :)  It's mainly for hiking and geocaching, but I do believe I can download local road maps as well.  I had fun playing with it on the road trip to Montreal. 

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11019

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 02:44:45 pm »
Nice toy, Bridgey, congrats and Happy NewYear to you.

Just boot that thing up a bit north, and maybe you'll see Ross (AVToller) playing in the snow with Daffy.  ;)
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 05:28:07 pm »
Nice toy, Bridgey, congrats and Happy NewYear to you.

Just boot that thing up a bit north, and maybe you'll see Ross (AVToller) playing in the snow with Daffy.  ;)

Yeah, I noticed the location in the pic, too.   :rofl:  It's a nifty little device, that's for sure. 

Happy New Year to you, Mrs. Ovr and Drake as well.   :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 05:40:17 pm »
"Geo_Cashing"   is that wot Al Gore's doing.....................see "CBC" Commie Broadcasting CORKS....are beaming out his ERROR FILLED MOOFIE at out expense................wif NO corrections.................. :rofl: :rofl2: :'( :'( :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once